Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

no frost and 1994

no frost and 1994
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Michael :

hello are you there?

Customer:

yes

Michael :

any frost on the rear wall of the freezer, also how old is the unit?

Customer:

no frost 1994

Michael :

thank you

Michael :

it sounds like the fan just failed as all motors will eventually

Michael :

its easy to replace and I can help if you wish

Customer:

ok but I still need to know where it is so i can check it

Michael :

ok, in your model, it is behind the inside rear wall of the freezer

Michael :

you will need to remove the shelves and then you will see a few screws you need to remove them and the wall will come off

Michael :

that same fan is for the fridge also

Customer:

I did that but I dont see any screws

Michael :

yours may have them hidden under small caps

Customer:

I ll look again if you can hold on

Michael :

ok

Customer:

I see them and it looks like I have to remove the ice maker as well

Customer:

would the fan not working stop the ice maker from working ? It is not making ice now

Michael :

yes you will but thats easy too;-)

Michael :

the fan only has two screws as well

Michael :

the ice maker has hexscews on the bottom

Michael :

do you have a source for the fan?

Customer:

you mean to check it ?

Michael :

if it isnt running it likley just failed

Michael :

also it will only run if the door is closed

Michael :

but its not expensive

Customer:

ok with the fan not working cause the ice maker to not make ice?

Michael :

that could for sure

Michael :

because the air wont be cold enough but ice makers can fail as well

Customer:

just to be sure now are there any other reasons you can think of that would cause the fan not to work ?

Michael :

no the power is always there, but I have replaced so many fans so Im confident thats the issue

Customer:

can I get back to you later after I check it ?

Customer:

should I rate now?

Michael :

hi yes if you rate me now as good or better service the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and I will:-0

Customer:

thanks will do !

Michael :

I will stck with you on this

Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience: I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.