Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Owner and Operator with 15yrs experience with degrees.

I have the Wolfgang Puck 7 quart pressure cooker. I used it

I have the Wolfgang Puck 7 quart pressure cooker. I used it for the first time this week to make chicken soup. It worked fine. The chicken was especially tender. On my second try, the pressure cooker stayed in the heat mode, never advancing to the cook mode. Eventually, I could smell comething burning; turned it off; and yes, everything inside was burnt. I cleaned it out thorougly and tried again with Chicken Soup. Again, it stayed eternally in heat mode, making a louder noise than it did the first time and never getting to cook mode. Surprisingly, after 30 minutes, the chicken seemed fairly well cooked, but not especially tender. Is the pressure cooker broken after just one single use?

Yes there is a problem with the temp sensor on the unit. Return it if you can as these are not the easiest to fix or get parts for. There is not much you will be able to repair on this for that issue.