Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Owner and Operator with 15yrs experience with degrees.

My cuisenart breadmaker seems to be laboring in the kneading

My cuisenart breadmaker seems to be laboring in the kneading cycle - the paddle can hardly turn in the dough. My recipe hasn't changed and it never had this problem before. I'm also not 100% sure it's getting hot enough to rise well anymore, but I'm not sure of this. Is the motor wearing out?
Hello and thank you for using this service. It sounds like the bearing on the motor is seizing up that was pretty common on those units and the unit will labor and turn slow. You can not repair it they do not sell the motor separate. Sorry for the news...please do not kill the messenger. ..thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I figured it would mean a new breadmaker - that's how they make things now-a-days. I've had this one since about Feb. 2011. I make bread every weekend, almost, and have gone through 3 or 4 breadmakers in the last 18 years. In your experience as a tech, can you tell me what you think is the best quality brand, since I'll have to replace it? Thanks!

Get a Panasonic that is the best brand.