kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

Bissel quick steamer wont pick up water

Bissel quick steamer wont pick up water

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The most common cause of poor suction is a plugged hose or fitting and a poor seal at the dirty water container. If you have cleaned the wand, make sure the dirty water container is seated well and the seal is in good shape and there is no debris on the face of the seal. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its an upright what wand?

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..you say that the cleaner will not suck up the water. Can you check first that the cleaner is actually spraying water?

Also, does this Bissel model heat the water? Some do. Let me know if yours does.

Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It built like an upright vacumn cleaner. Water doesn't heat. Wonder why its called a steamer if the water doesn't steam?

That's what I'm thinking. On the bottom will be a label with the model number of the cleaner. If it is not there, it may be on the rear of the upright section. Can you find that for me please?

I'll be here.

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model number 170 01869c

That number doesn't show up in my database. I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other experts to chime in.

Hold on.
First make sure the dirty tank is empty(obvious but I have to say it) then make sure the tank is seated firmly in place and the lid is properly positioned and locked in place. Also make sure your diverter knob is on the correct selection and not in between attachments and floor Remove and clean the lint filter basket. make sure everything is seated and has an airtight seal because you will not have suction if there is air leaking in. If you still have no suction after doing all of this check to make sure the float switch in your tank is still functioning and not broken. Then check for obstructions that would not allow suction to occur in the hose and inlet areas to the tank. Use an air compressor to blow out the hose to ensure there are no blockages.
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ years repairing various small appliances
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im not sure I know where all the things you want me to check are . Ill let you know tomorrow

ok