Rob, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a Farberware 155c coffee urn. It would heat up and

I have a Farberware 155c coffee urn. It would heat up and perk but would cut off and the light came on before the water was hot. I replaced the thermostat and the fuse link. It now perks and heats the water but it will not stop perking and the light will not come on. I do not have an owner's manual so I'm working in the dark. Can you help me?
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This may be the secondary element causing this issue.
You should check it with a multimer.

Please go here (Just click on the word in blue) This shows the elemsnys

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried what you suggested and it is working now except the light still doesn't come on when it is finished.

Hi Shirley

Glad to hear that at least it is working !!

I think that maybe the wiring to the lamp may have come adrift.

Use a multimeter and check the continuity of the wiring and elements etc. You should then be able to locate the problem