Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Tech
Experience:  Owner and Operator with 15yrs experience with degrees.
21107370

I have a Rowenta Superpress DG 050. The iron unit get hot,

I have a Rowenta Superpress DG 050. The iron unit get hot, but steam no longer comes out. Any suggestions?

The line inside may have gotten plugged up with scale. You should pour vinegar in the unit and let it heat up. Shake it around a bit and see if steam starts to come out. The vinegar will help get rid of the scale and hopefully clear the lines so it steams again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried your solution last night and then rinsed out the water chamber this morning and turned the iron on to get steam. At first I didn't get any steam so I shook the base unit and finally the steam came pouring out without me even pressing the steam button. In fact there was no way for me to control the steam. Plenty of water was spitting out along with the steam.

I let the iron cool and again filled it up with vinegar and let it heat up. I shook the iron up. The vinegar steam start pouring out of the iron like it used to and the trigger started working again. I unplugged the iron and let it cool down. When I get home from work tonight I will drain the vinegar out of the iron and use water again. Thanks for your advice, your answer was right on and solved my problem.