Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

My Rowenta steam iron is not "steaming"

My Rowenta steam iron is not "steaming"
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

MasterFixIt :

Hi sorry about this problem, how old is the iron and may I have the model#?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barbara, sorry about this problem, how old is the iron, and may I have the model#?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Michael,

Thanks for the quick response.

Rowenta Expert

Model DG980

1888

120V a.c. 1800 w

60 hz

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Barbara,
Does the unit get hot when you try to use it?
Also does it show any other signs of life?
Thank you
Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it gets hot and has been working perfectly. I was ironing this afternoon for about half an hour and it the steam section was working perfectly. Then all of a sudden, the steam stopped.

I don't remember exactly the year I bought it, but it has to be at least 10 years old. It has had gently use during this period.

Barbara

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Barbra, it may be clogged but being as old as it is, its likely that the element that pushes the steam had finally failed.
I wish I had better news for you on this but its work having it repaired as they are much cheaper now;-)
If you need me further please let me know I will be here for you even after you rate at no additional cost.
Thank you Barbara and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again, Michael. From the model number, can you tell me how old it is?

Thanks,

Barbara

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Barbara,
That looks like around 10 to 15 years old from the information I found.
I wish I had an easy repair for you but with these, when the stop emitting steam, its time for a replacement.
They just don't make things like they used to.
If you need me further i will be here for you even after you rate my service, it wont cost you anything more;-)
Thank you!
Tech Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience: I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.