Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

Power cord has power but toaster will not work

Customer Question

Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

MasterFixIt :

Hi do you have a meter? You will need to check the end inside the taster to see if it has power into the toaster, usually this is a bad power cord you can get a new cord from any local hardware store, its also easy to replace;-)

Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience: I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Walter,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Lost contact with you on our last try to repair toaster. The problem is that the knobs can not be removed in order to lift off the body. The knobs are glued or fused on. How do I remove the knobs?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi they should be able to be pryed off, but first check the sides of the knobs for set screws, some of these have them, they would need to come out first then the knobs would come off very easily.
Please keep me informed.
I will look into this further as well for you:-)
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No the knobs have no screws.What I have to do to remove the knobs off the levers

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for checking that.
Basically if that is the case, the knobs need to be carefully and evenly pried off using a small flat tool that will easily fit between the body of the toaster and the knob.
Thats really the only other information posted on this. It may be a very tight fit especially since they get hot, they may have kind of melted to the metal shafts (likely) but still do able.
Tech Michael