The Home Smithy, Handyman
Experience:  45 years of fixing things
3079445

i want to look at a manual for sears aluminum pressure cooker/canner

i want to look at a manual for sears aluminum pressure cooker/canner 620.51730

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Presto supposedly made some pressure cookers for Sears under their brand/label. And on the Sears site recommended by Sears for finding manuals, this Presto pressure cooker manual might be of use to you:

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/owner_manuals/14578/PRESTO-Pressure-cooker-L1002416?brand_name_search=pressure+cooker

Another site mentions that Sears had its 'Sears' and 'Maid Of Honor' pressure cookers made for it by Presto... and your model # XXXXX also sold under the 'Maid Of Honor' brand name. So the above Presto pressure cooker manual may be of some appositeness to yours.

Unfortunately, owing to the model you mention being somewhat classic, Sears' websites do not list any manual or user guide for it, otherwise. I have determined this by a lengthy search.
I have also searched for other sources for such a manual, and only found what I have mentioned above, after exhaustive and varying approaches to finding one.

I can also offer you - in case it is of any use - a list of parts accompanied by a diagram of all the parts of the cooker model in question, at
http://parts.sears.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/All-Products-Parts/Model-62051730/0582/0200000/00025548/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

graphic

and another list of parts, with illustrations of each part:

http://www.pressurecooker-outlet.com/searspcparts/620-51730.htm

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The canner has a dial gauge on it so the presto info does not help that much. Please try again.

I am sorry - but I have exhausted the resources that I could find. I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer.

Is this what your unit looks like?

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that is it! Now can we find some directions on how to use it for canning? Thanks Home Smithy! Krista

Great! Your cooker is made by Presto. Its just a different model than the one the other expert had.

FYI: Sears does not make anything they sell. Presto made this for Sears.

Please click here to download the recipy and instruction book for your unit. There are directions for canning in the manual.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

The Home Smithy, Handyman
Experience: 45 years of fixing things