Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

I have a meile coffee system CVA 615 . the brew unit cannot

Customer Question

I have a meile coffee system CVA 615 . the brew unit cannot be pushed back into appliance . The male cycle knob in the main unit will not accept the brew unit in any position and I cannot get the machine to recycle it self so that it is in the correct position to mate with the brew unit. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I had the exact same model and the switch broke.
Unfortunately you will need to replace that part.
When this happened to me The part was not available.
But it may be now, I will check for you:-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure which "switch " you are referring to. is there no way to rotate or adjust the rotary knob that controls the action of the brew unit?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul,
The rotary switch is what breaks, Yo will need to replace that only.
If you rate me as good service or better, the system will allow me to schedule free followups with you so the question will no t time out and it not cost you anything more, also we will remain in contact until me have this fixed.
Thank you and have a great evening.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul,
I was working with you and will continue with you but please reconsider the negative rating as it really hurts my record and I am a good tech, I never leave anyone hanging.
I could help you maybe get the part if it is available and if you have basic tools and want to fix this I would help you.
But if not your only other recourse would be to return it to the factory for repair.
But even I wouldn't do that unfortunately due to the high labor cost.
Please reconsider.
I will be here for you in any case:-)
Thank you
Michael