woody463, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 years repairing home appliances

my ge ahr40lmg1 dehumidifier fan runs, the compressor will

my ge ahr40lmg1 dehumidifier fan runs, the compressor will kick on for a second then kick off. can i check or repair this?

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 33 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 50,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.

Is the compressor actaully starting or is it just trying to start then shuts off (humming then goes dead)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It starts to hum as if working then shuts off to nothing but the fan running. The compressor dosnt seem to hum

OK if that is the case the compressor is the issue ,and unless you are EPA certified you would not be able to work on the refrigeration sealed system.

And it would be a whole lot cheaper to just replace the unit , to have some one work on it you would be looking at several hundreds of dollars .

if it was in warranty the manufacture just replace them they do not repair them.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news so to speak!