Rob
Rob, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Can you overcharging (boil dry) a Waeco RAPS 36 battery pack

Can you overcharging (boil dry) a Waeco RAPS 36 battery pack as I have charge mine and not getting any power from the 12 volt outlets (fuses are ok)
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Its possible but unlikely with the right type of charger.
Can you tell me the make and model of the charger you used please?

Also, how old is the battery pack?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Charger used is an Arlec 4 amp rms, battery pack would be less than two years old and would have been charged 5-6 times with this charger except last time I charged it I forgot about it and it was on charge for approx 24 hours
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian

Thanks
I think this may be bad news, sorry.

With this type of battery it is important that the charger stops charging when it is fully charged, otherwise damage will occur.

In the handbook ( Please see here, if you don't have a copy), in section 5, it says

"An automatic cutout charger must be used, otherwise irreparable damage will occur and your warranty voided"

If your charger doesn't do this, then this may be the problem, especially if it was left on for some considerable time.

I would suggest you just check that the charger is in fact charger by using a meter on it.

If I can help you further, please just ask me.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Thanks
Rob

.
Rob, Small Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.