The Home Smithy, Handyman
Experience:  45 years of fixing things

My Rowenta Iron is aless than a year old, it is completely

My Rowenta Iron is aless than a year old, it is completely dead. I no longer have the receipt or box Model DW 9050. Is it repairable if so what will the cost be. I live in Bakersfield California Thank you XXXXX XXXXX

Hi, Kristin. Welcome to Just Answer.

Nice to see someone from Kern county here.

May I ask about how much you origonally paid for the iron?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Over 100.00

If it is completely dead, e.g; no indicator lights or heat, then it is most likely a bad cord. OIf it is then the repair runs about 30 - 40 bucks at a small appliance shop. If there is an electronic control board then the repair would probably run you more that it would to buy a new one. That is also dependant on the availability of the part. Unfortunately Rowenta does not have any parts available on line. The only one that would have access to their parts is an authorized rowenta repair facility.

One moment and I will see where the nearest one is.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well I should have known this. I seem to have very bad luck with these expensive irons. Do you recommend any other brand that I shold try. I seem to have to replace these rowentas way to often for the price

Give me a minuet and Ill get you a link to one or three. Any particular features you require? Price range?

Below is the list of authorized repair facilities in California. Unfortunately there are not any here where we live (Im in Tehachapi).

What you might do is call the one on top on Monday and see if it is going to be reasonable to have them repair it.

As long as it is just a cord replacement it shouldnt be too expensive (30-40) but the control boards are at least 60 dollars plus installation labor @ 60 - 80+ per hour. At that rate you are better off getring a new iron, Im sorry too say.

Please let me know if you need anything else right now.

If not please select a positive rating at this time. You may ask as many followup questions as you like after rating my service at no additional charge.
Thank you.

!!IMPORTANT!! Before you use the bad or poor rating, ask me why you shouldn't!!

CES Covina
612 S. Shoppers Lane
91723 Covina CA
Service Center

CES Lake Forest
22500 Muirlands Ave.
92630 Lake Forest CA
Service Center

CES Concord
1170-G Burnett Ave.
94520 Concord CA
Service Center

Appliance Sales & Service
840 Folsom St.
94107 San Francisco CA
Service Center

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

good steam/high heat 50- dollars

ok, one moment please.

Here is one link that has quite a few for under $50. They also have a great return policy and great customer support, but they dont do repairs.

Here is an article suggesting a B&D iron.$50/

And a video by consumer Reports that might come in handy.