The Appliance Guy
The Appliance Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Technician of a Home Appliance Business for 6 years. 25 years electrical/mechanical experience.
18559950

my kitchenaid classic mixer model K45SS turns approximately

Customer Question

my kitchenaid classic mixer model K45SS turns approximately 120 rpms on the stir setting. It may be a bit higher as at that rate it is hard to get an exact visual count. how do I decrease the rpms and what is the appropriate setting? thanks for your help.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  The Appliance Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you.Okay, I am sending you a link to the service manual for your mixer. In there it tells you exactly how to adjust for the speed. Also, you are correct with the stir RPMS being off. As you will see in the manual for your mixer the stir RPM should be 60 RPM and the setting at #10 should be 220 RPM. Section 6 of the manual contains exactly how to adjust the speed control. Hope this helps and let me know how it goes. Thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

www.f-ews.com/DownloadDoc.aspx?Id=00009128
Experience: Owner/Technician of a Home Appliance Business for 6 years. 25 years electrical/mechanical experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Randy,

The pdf parts and service manual was a great tool. While I was waiting for your response I was reviewing prior google searches for the K45SSWH Kitchenaid Mixer. This link did have the correct rpms at each setting for my old Classic model as the rpm at "10" is a bit higher @ 280 and a brief outline of how to perform the adjustment procedure. Here is the link.www.fixya.com/users/thaehnguyen2 . The pictures within your pdf were very valuable while performing the procedure and the entire doc. will be a great resource for future repairs. That said I feel more involved repairs to the motor itself I will take to a local service technician.

Many thanks again,

Robert Layne Nichols

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Great job, the only other thing I recommend is if you take it to a local service technician just make sure they know how to work on Kitchenaid mixers. Again good job to you.