Michael
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
11519491

my roomba 760 was without electricity for a few days . now

my roomba 760 was without electricity for a few days . now that its charged i cannot get it out of the 24hr mode and it wont go into th clean mode. i have repeatedly done what the cd says to set clock but it still wont work. i prefer not to have it on a scheduled cleaning. HELP what am i doing wrong . joan
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

MasterFixIt :

I am a robotisist so I know about these things

MasterFixIt :

do you have access to a multi metere?

MasterFixIt :

meter?

MasterFixIt :

cant type too well lol

MasterFixIt :

what has happened is that there was a bit of a power surge when the power either went off or back on

MasterFixIt :

That has caused the memory in the robot to "glitch"

MasterFixIt :

but can easily be fixed in most cases

MasterFixIt :

What you need to do is remove the batteries and wait 10 minutes, then replace the batteries and the charger, wait one more minute then turn the ubit on, and set the clock and re program it.

MasterFixIt :

unit lol

MasterFixIt :

That should take care of this issue.

MasterFixIt :

if not the unit will need service because of a bad prom IC that has gone bad due to the power surge as I was saying.

MasterFixIt :

Its not expensive and the repair shoundnt cost you much either.

Customer:

thanks will try it

Customer:
Michael, Small Appliance Technician
Experience: I have over 25 years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of home appliances.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hello Joan, I switched to Q and A because the live chat doesn't seem to work very well form where I am located.
please write to me and I will answer you promptly.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I don't know why it says I'm an architect lol.
I am a rear tech in the fields of home appliance, computers a and TVs.
my love and favorite pass time is robotics.
So... I will help you with this but because these are technical issues, I need some info too.
I switched to Q and A because the live chat doesn't seem to work very well form where I am located.
Tech Michael