The Appliance Guy
The Appliance Guy , Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Technician of a Home Appliance Business for 6 years. 25 years electrical/mechanical experience.
18559950

I get the H95 error code and it cuts out after just a couple

I get the H95 error code and it cuts out after just a couple of seconds of microwaving. I have checked that the door is closed properly and I cannot detect a problem with the door.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  The Appliance Guy replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay is this a panasonic microwave?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No it's Gaggenau BM220/221
Okay, sorry the H95 error code is used by several other companies. Anyways, the H95 means that your microwave is not sensing that the door is closed. What typically happens is that the door closed switch has gone bad so it is not sensing the door being closed. There are typically 3 switches, 2 to say that the door is closed and the third switch to check to make sure those other 2 switches are telling the truth. In short you need to check the door switches as one of them is bad. If not sure then I would just replace all of them (not expensive at all) to make sure you got the right one. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy. By the way I am sending you a link to the manual for your microwave.

https://sampfordixl.com.au/gaggenau/upload/BM221130_instr.pdf
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would I be able to get access to the door switches myself or will i need to call out a technician? It's a built- in model- does that make it more complicated?

Normally, you would be able to access the switches behind the control panel. However, with your unit it would be best to get it serviced for the problem since yours tends to be more complicated to take apart than most. To access your switches you will have to pull out the microwave and take off the top cover. By the way, you also may check with Gaggeneau themselves to see if it is under warranty. Sorry about the bad news.