The Appliance Guy
The Appliance Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Technician of a Home Appliance Business for 6 years. 25 years electrical/mechanical experience.
18559950

My Kitchenaid pro 600, model #KP26M1XWH, was working fine a

My Kitchenaid pro 600, model #KP26M1XWH, was working fine a month or so ago, but I turned it on this afternoon and it is running way to fast. It has just this one speed--as I turn it to the first speed it just starts spinning very rapidly flinging flour everywhere. ideas?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  The Appliance Guy replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay, when you push on the speed selector does it still click in to each speed position?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. It slides easily into each gear.
Okay, and it only spins on high speed no matter what selection?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Exactly. It starts out fast and just wants to continue to speed up no matter what speed I put it on.
Okay, your problem is your speed control board. You need to replace the board and you will be good to go. I am sending you a link to a diagram and the board is #19 on the diagram. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kitchenaid-Parts/Mixer-Parts/Model-KP26M1XWH5/0593/0212320/W1204050/00002?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. Sounds like something I need to order. Is there any other possibility? Just want to be prepared in case this doesn't work. It doesn't look like an inexpensive part.
The only other thing is the motor itself but 99% of the time when it goes bad it will either run extremely slow or not at all. you can also go to a site called repairclinic.com to get the part if it is cheaper. Great job and again thank you.
Experience: Owner/Technician of a Home Appliance Business for 6 years. 25 years electrical/mechanical experience.