The Appliance Guy
The Appliance Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Technician of a Home Appliance Business for 6 years. 25 years electrical/mechanical experience.
18559950

I have a maytag front load washer that made a loud noise when

I have a maytag front load washer that made a loud noise when it started to spin and turn off. when we opened the door we found a cable about 5' long and a spring. the washer starts but when it starts to spin it makes a loud noise and turns off. what is the cable and spring for and how do I get it back on?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Do you happen to have the model number of the washer we are talking about?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
modle isMAH5500BWW it a maytag neptune
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,Do you have a diagram or something to show us what this cable and spring is used for?
Okay, this is more than likely the spring and cable the holds the rubber gasket to the tub. It is #19 and 20 on the diagram. Here is a step by step procedure to replacing the boot but since you don't need to replace the boot just pay attention to the spring and cable portion. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

MAYTAG Washer Spinner assembly & outer tub cover Parts

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2006/06/29/replacing-the-boot-in-a-maytag-neptune-washer/