kingcobra80
kingcobra80, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years repairing various small appliances
32169475

My wheel wont turn on my sewing machine.

Customer Question

My wheel won't turn on my sewing machine. The same thing just happened to 4 of my sewing machines. Is it just cuz they're old?<br/>I tried to turn the little wheel (the one you would loosen to refill your bobbin), and then turn the bigger wheel, but the needle arm still wouldn't move. I haven't oiled them for a while. I believe one is a Kenmore, and I'm not sure about the other 3. They are at least 10 years old.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Richard S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and sorry for the trouble that you are having. Did all of them stop working at one time? Do the wheels not move at all or only turn when pressed hard? Also, did you unplug it and then plug it back in and check the power to that outloet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I had trouble with one (it was the same problem...the needle arm wouldn't move). Then I tried a different sewing machine, and it worked well, but the next time I was going to use it (probably about 2 weeks later) the needle arm wouln't move. This was the same process for all the sewing machines.

The wheel (the big one) won't move more than a tiny bit (about 1/4"), the wheel used for refilling the bobbin will still turn. I believe that all of the sewing machines can still refill the bobbin, but I can double check if need be.

No, I didn't unplug or plug it in. I only tried using it unplugged because I knew that previously I could turn the wheel and the needle arm would go up and down. Anytime I work on a sewing machine first I thread it (or make sure it's threaded) then I will use a piece of fabric to make sure it's working. If, it is I will then plug it in and sew! If, it doesn't that is when I'll try and find info on the internet or try a different sewing machine.

I hope that answer your questions correctly. Let me know if you need more info!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Why haven't I gotten another answer back yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you please opt out so that I can get help from a different expert?