Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman
Experience:  Repairing electronic devices for 20+ years, including all aspects of their workings.

my needle clamp assembly came off and I need to see how to

Customer Question

my needle clamp assembly came off and I need to see how to put it back on where the wire parts go for a Brother XL 5340 sewing machine
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Russell H. :

You might possibly find the answer to your question in the User Manual (available online in PDF form, readable by Adobe Acrobat Reader software or others) at:

Russell H. :

If all else fails, you can look in the Service Manual (available from the following link for $16.49):

Russell H. :

But in general, the needle clamp rides up and down on a rod, and is screwed onto that (in many models of Brother sewing machine.) It does come off occasionally, esp. if the screw comes loose. (No screw on the clamp? look around on the floor or wherever it may have rolled off to when the clamp came loose.)

Russell H. :

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer.
(Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.) And, favorable feedback is appreciated.

the manual does;nt show what I want to put the springs back into the needle clamp

Russell H. :

I do not know the answer for this one. I will have to, obligatorily, Opt Out and let anyone else here who wants to, try to answer it properly. Thanks.