linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

I have a taxation quesiton. it is Despite having no formal

Customer Question

hello, i have a taxation quesiton. it is
Despite having no formal educaiton or experience. Eugene holds himself out as a scientist claiming to work on a human genome project. On his 2015 return, Eugene claimed $15,000 of ordinary and necessary business expenses relating his genome experiments. The IRS audits Eugene's 2015 return. At the concljusion of the audit, the Revenue Agent issues a Revenue Agent's Report(RAR) disallowing the $15,000 deduction ofr genome experiments because Eugene does not have a scientific degree. Eugene disagrees with the Revenue Agent's psition stated in the RAR and he has facts supporting his postion.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: is there any advice ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Single Problem
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Eugene has come to you for advice on how to dispute the IRS's postion.
1)explain the options available to Eugenne to dispute the IRS' disallowance of the business expenses stated in the RAR and 2) indicate which option is best for Eugene to take and explain why
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please answer the question now if possbile
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i need the answer in twenty minutes.
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer,

Is there time for me to answer this question for you by the end of the day today?

Kindest regards,

Donna Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, ABD

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
sorry, it was too late, and I tried to cancel this question but I could not find this option.