F. Naz
F. Naz, B.Com
Experience:  Have completed B.Com and CA Finalist
20040807

1.Refer to -'s Note 3: 2014 Organization Restructuring. What

Customer Question

1.Refer to Kimberly-Clark's Note 3: 2014 Organization Restructuring. What was the total restructuring charge Kimberly-Clark recognized in 2014? Where is it recognized on the Income Statement?
2. Approximately how much cash do you expect Kimberly-Clark will pay in the future related to the 2014 Organization Restructuring?
I'll attach Kimberly-Clark's financial statement and notes.
Category: Single Problem
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please see the attachment. Note 3. 2014 Organization Restructuring (page 36) and then answer these two questions. Provide your rationale.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 months ago.

1

It charged total of $95 is after tax and $40 before tax was charged to cost of product sold and $93 before tax cost charged to marketing, research and general expenses.

2

The cash expected to be paid in future is around 80% of $130 to 160 which makes it around between $104 to around 128 and as around 80% of $95 which is equal to $76 has been paid, it means that in future around 130-76 = 54 or 160-76 = $84 will be paid

Please rate the answer so I get credit for my efforts, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The second question you replied I feel very confusing, first you calculated 80% of $130 and $160, which is $104, and $128,
respectively. As 80% of $95 which equals to $76 has already been paid, didn't that Kimberly-Clark will pay between $104-76=$28 and $128-76=$52. Please explain your answers.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 months ago.

It means that it is expected that in future the company will pay between $28 to $52

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But in your answer you said Netflix Executive SummaryMajor PointsBrief Description
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 81 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen.( from 10-k)Business Segment and Target market
1.Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 81 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen.
2.The target market for Netflix includes males and females between the ages of 17-60 and households with income levels of $30,000 and up.
Competition
Main competitors of Netflix are entertainment video providers, internet-based movie and TV content providers, video gaming providers and DVD rental outlets. The two biggest competitors of Netflix are Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime Instant Video.
Business strategy
-providing customers with a wide selection of DVD title to view
-Continually acquiring new content by establishing relationships with entertainment providers
-Providing options for subscribers between streaming and mail services
-Aggressive spending on marketing to continue to raise brand awareness
-Promote rapid transition of the US subscribers to streaming
-Expand internationallyNetflix chose to outcompete rivals on the basis of differentiation by offering a wider product selection, value-added services and attractive styling. They also utilize technological superiority by continuing to enter each new technology market as they are made available.
Sources: http://robertdaigle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/BowenDaigleDionValentine_NetflixCaseStudy.pdf
https://ir.netflix.com/secfiling.cfm?filingID=1065280-16-47&CIK=1065280
But in your answer you said "it means that in future around 130-76 = 54 or 160-76 = $84 will be paid", so what is the right answer? The company will pay between $28 to $52 or $54 to $84?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, ignore the Netflix executive summary, my question is only the last two lines.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 5 months ago.

You are right it should be $28 to $52, not $54 to $84