Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Finished my BA degree with a GPA of 4.0.
3708793

Renfro Company issued $500,000 of 8%, 10-year bonds at 102.

Customer Question

Customer: Renfro Company issued $500,000 of 8%, 10-year bonds at 102. Interest is paid annually, and the straight-line method is used for amortization. Assume that the market rate for similar investments is 7%. The bonds are issued on the date of the bonds. (SHOW ALL WORK)What amount was received for the bonds?How much interest is paid each interest period?What is the premium amortization for the first interest period?How much bond interest expense is recorded on the first interest date?What is the carrying value of the bonds after the first interest date?Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/single-problem/6eyux-7-points-15-0-renfro-company-issued-500-000.html#ixzz3uQNs5Rzl
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Renfro Company issued $500,000 of 8%, 10-year bonds at 102. Interest is paid annually, and the straight-line method is used for amortization. Assume that the market rate for similar investments is 7%. The bonds are issued on the date of the bonds. (SHOW ALL WORK)What amount was received for the bonds?How much interest is paid each interest period?What is the premium amortization for the first interest period?How much bond interest expense is recorded on the first interest date?What is the carrying value of the bonds after the first interest date?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Single Problem Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Single Problem
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 11 months ago.

Hello

I am working on your question, but I wanted to advise you that Just Answer has recently introduced a new “Additional Service” where I can help you through email. Since this is an additional service, it involves an additional charge (But I agree with your offer so I can charge the lowest possible charge for email help - $5). If interested, I can make you an offer. Please advise.

Thank you

Hello again,

I am afraid I might not be online when you log back in so I will post the solution here. Please click on the following link to download the solution:

https://app.box.com/s/svgby9tbxlse5h30sfwd3mpnnsglap75

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask; if all is clear, please rate the service

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For Manal Elkhoshkhany" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me at least 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will (Also please notify me at least 48 hours in advance) . Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you