linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

A question about Organization Structures in IT organization:Your

Customer Question

A question about Organization Structures in IT organization:
Your manager has asked you to provide alternative organization structures for the IT organization. These are to be based on the following established organizing principles:
Planning is to be aligned with the business area clients.
The part of the IT organization that builds IT capabilities (applications engineering / development) must strive for implementing solutions in an effective manner.
The part of the IT organization that runs the IT capabilities (operations) must be cost efficient.
Your company developed a global presence over the last two to three years in each of the business functions (e.g., sales and marketing, manufacturing, finance, etc.). Explain how you would structure the IT organization while maintaining the established IT organizing principles and the global nature of the business. Specifically:
What mechanisms should be put in place to make your proposed organization work effectively?
How will these mechanisms make your organization work effectively?
What processes, program, or approach would you advise be used to grow the skills, competency, and business knowledge of the IT staff so it can support your proposed organization structure?”
Category: Single Problem
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.
Are you seeking resources to use as you prepare your own final response or for a newly written model?
Is there any additional information (rubrics, files, etc) that you can provide (if a file, you can upload using a file sharing site, such as wikisend.com, and then share the link here).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Greg, sorry I didn't clarify at the beginning. So this question is part of a discussion board at my university where I study IT management class. I'm new to IT management but have a good experience as software developer. So I need help on this.
Our teacher is asking basically if I was working in IT organization as a manager and my manager would ask me to provide alternative organization structures. I have attached the word document with the same question but better formatted, hopefully this will help. I don't have any other supporting files.I would really appreciate your help on this and I will have more questions to come later!Thanks!
After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.
I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.
Someone should be with you shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually I have already submitted my assignment and the answer is no longer needed.
Is this possible to get a refund or credit back, since I have not received the answer from you?
Thanks