Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree
Experience:  Wide experience in teaching
13269833

Hi Linda, Can Please check the detail below and let me know

Hi Linda,

Can Please check the detail below and let me know if you can finish in about 2 hours?

"Using Excel present one statistical calculation to perform for one of the variables listed in your table such as mean, median, STDEV, etc."

Will attach the data for you then.

Thank you
Category: Single Problem
Expert:  linda_us replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nancy

I am familiar with these topic but do you have any sample question and when you want to do this?

Regards

Linda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Linda,

I need it done in about 40mins or 1 hour.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  linda_us replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nancy

I am not the best expert for this questions. I will opt out so that other experts can help you.

Hopefully I am able to help you in future with your business, finance or accounting questions.

Regards
Linda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here is the full question.

• Identify types of data—price, batting average, wages paid or another variable then identify the data type i.e. quantitative, quantitative, or both—and how the data will be utilized to answer a business problem and decision then using Excel present one statistical calculation that the team has decided to perform for one of the variables listed in your table such as mean, median, STDEV, etc.

However, the other team member have helped with the writing. What I need to do is the BOLD.

Please try to help me with this since it due in about 2 hours.

I appreciate that

Expert:  linda_us replied 1 year ago.
I am really sorry but its not my expertise.

I am putting this back on top of the list so that other experts can help you.
Expert:  Chirag replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Welcome and Thanks for using Just Answer

I can help with this. One of the variables in your list is mean. Shall I provide an Excel sheet where mean of a data set is calculated? Will that help you? Please let me know.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The sample is what I'm looking for. The Team C is what we have done that need to add the number data in.

Expert:  Chirag replied 1 year ago.
I can't see the image that you have posted.

You need to do "...then using Excel present one statistical calculation that the team has decided to perform for one of the variables listed in your table such as mean, median, STDEV, etc." isn't it?

I will calculate the mean of the wages from the given data set. Is that what you want?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Can I have your email ? I'll send you all the data. I don't know why the files can't display here.

Expert:  Chirag replied 1 year ago.
I have taken the data from the Wage data set in Appendix A. That's the one right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes about wage and wages eared

Expert:  Chirag replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am calculating the mean and median of the Wage data from that file.

I will post the answer shortly.

Thanks.
Expert:  Chirag replied 1 year ago.
Calculation of Mean Wage:

Sum of the data, ∑x = (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Number of data, N = 100

Mean of the data, x-bar = ∑x /N = 30833.46

Mean wage = $30,833.46

Calculation of Median Wage:

First we arrange the wage data in the ascending order.

Since N = 100, median will be the average of the two middle values.

So, Median = (1/2)(50th data value + 51st data value)

= (1/2)(28440 + 29191) = 28815.50

Median wage = $28,815.50

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need any clarifications. Please Rate My Answer (Tip If Happy).

Thanks.

Chirag, Master's Degree
Experience: Wide experience in teaching