linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

Are you available to help with a finance assignment I am working

Are you available to help with a finance assignment I am working on right now? I can type the questions 1 at a time. Here is the first: ,
Crypton electronics has a capital structure consisting of 39% common stock and 61% debt. a debt issue of $1,000 par value, 6.4% bonds that mature in 15 years and pay annual interest will sell for $974. common stock of the firm is currently selling for $29.09 per share and the firm expects to pay a $2.31 dividend next year. Dividends have grown at the rate of 5.2% per year and are expected to continue to do so for the forseeable future. what is crypton's cost of capital where the firms tax rate is 30%? (round 3 decimal places)
Thanks for requesting me.

I am working on it and will post solution soon.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay I have 10 other questions, can you help if I post them?

Yes I can help.

Whats you total offer for all questions and let me know your deadline.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well I need it within an hour and I can pay $70.00

Please post your remaining questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I am pulling them all together now: give me 5 minutes.

Take your time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HEre are the first 5, I cant get the next six yet but if you can start with these I will begin pulling the others. thanks

You missed the attachement. The questions are not uploaded yet.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Crypton electronics has a capital structure consisting of 39% common stock and 61% debt. a debt issue of $1,000 par value, 5.5% bonds that mature in 15 years and pay annual interest will sell for $979. common stock of the firm is currently selling for $29.44 per share and the firm expects to pay a $2.26 dividend next year. Dividends have grown at the rate of 5.4% per year and are expected to continue to do so for the forseeable future. what is crypton's cost of capital where the firms tax rate is 30%? (round 3 decimal places)

The target capital structure for Jowers Manufacturing is 45% common stock, 10% preferred stock, and 45% debt. If the cost of common equity for the firm is 20.1%, the cost of preferred stock is 11.8%, and the before tax cost of debt is 10.9% what is Jowers' cost of capital? The firms' tax rate is 34%.

As a member of the Finance Department of Ranch Manufacturing, your supervisor has asked you to compute the appropriate discount rate of use when evaluating the purchase of new packing equipment for the plant. You have determined the market value of the firm's capital structure as follows:
Source of Capital Market Values
Bonds $4,200,00
Preferred Stock $2,200,000
Common Stock $6,500,000
To finance the purchase, Ranch Manufacturing will sell 10-year bonds paying 6.7% per year at the market price of $1031. Preferred Stock paying $2.03 dividend can be sold $24.18; Common Stock for Ranch Manufacturing is currently selling for $55.21 per share. The firm paid a $3.08 dividend last year and expects dividends to continue growing at a rate of 5.2% per year. The firm's tax rate is 30 percent. What is the WACC?

Abe Forrester and three of his friends from college have interested a group of venture capitalists in backing their business idea. The proposed operation would consist of a series of retail outlets to distribute and service a full line of vacuum cleaners and accessories. These stores would be located in Dallas, Huston, and San Antonio. To finance the new venture two plans have been proposed:

Plan A is an all-common-equity structure in which $2.1 million dollars would be raised by selling 84,000 shares of common stock.

Plan B would involve issuing $1.3 million dollars in long-term bonds with an effective interest rate of 11.8% plus $0.8 million would be raised by selling 42,000 shares of common stock. The debt funds raised under Plan B have no fixed maturity date, in that this amount of financial leverage is considered a permanent part of the firm’s capital structure. Abe and his partners plan to use a 40% tax rate with their analysis, and they have hired you on a consulting basis to do the following: (A) Find the EBIT indifference level associated with the two financing plans. (Round to the nearest dollar.) (B) Prepare a pro forma income statement for the EBIT level solved for in part a. that shows that the EPS will be the same regardless whether Plan A or Plan B is chosen. (Round income statement amounts to the nearest dollar except the EPS to the nearest cent.)

Three recent graduates of the computer science program at the University of Tennessee are forming a company that will write and distribute new application software for the iPhone. Initially, the corporation will operate in the southern region of Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. A small group of private investors in the Atlanta, Georgia area is interested in financing the startup company and two financing plans have been put forth for consideration:

The first (Plan A) is an all-common-equity capital structure. $2.3 million dollars would be raised by selling common stock at $20 per common share.

Plan B would involve the use of financial leverage. $1.2 million dollars would be raised by selling bonds with an effective interest rate of 10.7% (per annum), and the remaining $1.1 million would be raised by selling common stock at the $20 price per share. The use of financial leverage is considered to be a permanent part of the firm’s capitalization, so no fixed maturity date is needed for the analysis. A 34% tax rate is deemed appropriate for the analysis. a. Find the EBIT indifference level associated with the two financing plans. (Round the nearest dollar.) b. A detailed financial analysis of the firm’s prospects suggests that the long-term EBIT will be above $315,000 annually. Taking this into consideration, which plan will generate the higher EPS? (Round income statement amounts to the nearest dollar except the EPS to the nearest cent.)

Working on these.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here are the other 6.

1. WACC(Weighted Average Cost of Capital) The target capital structure for QM Industries is 38% common stock, 5% preferred stock, and 57% debt. If the cost of common equity for the firm is 17.6% the cost of pref. stock is 9.4%, the before-tax cost of debt is 7.1%, and the firm's tax rate is 35% what is QM's WACC (Weighted Avg. Cost of Capital)? –

2. Crypton electronics has a capital structure consisting of 45% common stock and 55% debt. a debt issue of $1,000 par value, 6.5% bonds that mature in 15 years and pay annual interest will sell for $980. common stock of the firm is currently selling for $29.12 per share and the firm expects to pay a $2.23 dividend next year. Dividends have grown at the rate of 4.6% per year and are expected to continue to do so for the forseeable future. what is crypton's cost of capital where the firms tax rate is 30%? (round 3 decimal places)

3. The target capital structure for Jowers Manufacturing is 50% common stock, 17% preferred stock, and 33% debt. If the cost of common equity for the firm is 19.5%, the cost of preferred stock is 12.3%, and the before tax cost of debt is 10.4% what is Jowers' cost of capital? The firms' tax rate is 34%.

Source of Capital Market Values
Bonds $4,300,00
Preferred Stock $1,800,000
Common Stock $5,600,000
To finance the purchase, Ranch Manufacturing will sell 10-year bonds paying 7.1% per year at the market price of $1033. Preferred Stock paying $1.99 dividend can be sold $25.07; Common Stock for Ranch Manufacturing is currently selling for $54.99 per share. The firm paid a $3.01 dividend last year and expects dividends to continue growing at a rate of 5.3% per year. The firm's tax rate is 30 percent. What is the WACC?

Plan A is an all-common-equity structure in which $2.1 million dollars would be raised by selling 90,000 shares of common stock.

Plan B would involve issuing $1.2 million dollars in long-term bonds with an effective interest rate of 12.3% plus $0.9 million would be raised by selling 45,000 shares of common stock. The debt funds raised under Plan B have no fixed maturity date, in that this amount of financial leverage is considered a permanent part of the firm’s capital structure.

Abe and his partners plan to use a 34% tax rate with their analysis, and they have hired you on a consulting basis to do the following: (A) Find the EBIT indifference level associated with the two financing plans. (Round to the nearest dollar.) (B) Prepare a pro forma income statement for the EBIT level solved for in part a. that shows that the EPS will be the same regardless whether Plan A or Plan B is chosen. (Round income statement amounts to the nearest dollar except the EPS to the nearest cent.)

The first (Plan A) is an all-common-equity capital structure. $2.1 million dollars would be raised by selling common stock at $20 per common share.

Plan B would involve the use of financial leverage. $1.3 million dollars would be raised by selling bonds with an effective interest rate of 11.3% (per annum), and the remaining $0.8 million would be raised by selling common stock at the $20 price per share. The use of financial leverage is considered to be a permanent part of the firm’s capitalization, so no fixed maturity date is needed for the analysis. A 30% tax rate is deemed appropriate for the analysis. a. Find the EBIT indifference level associated with the two financing plans. (Round the nearest dollar.) b. A detailed financial analysis of the firm’s prospects suggests that the long-term EBIT will be above $312,000 annually. Taking this into consideration, which plan will generate the higher EPS? (Round income statement amounts to the nearest dollar except the EPS to the nearest cent.)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great thank you so much, the 4 graphs you sent were actually incorrect, on problems 5 and 6 but thats ok. I also change my credit card info in the system so if the charge can go thru now then that would be great.

Which Questions? Do you want me to do them again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No its fine, I already submitted them. I will need help again next week so I will reach out to you over the weekend. Thank you very much.

I usually don't make mistake in these questions. I will be very careful next time.

Feel free to request me next time by writing "FOR LINDA" at start of your post.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Perfect, thank you, I will do that. If I had more time i would go over the questions with you but its late here. I really appreciate your help

Good night.