Alex
Alex, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  BS in Business Administration. Able to assist with business related homework.
50749495

Ashton Martin is a student who plans to attend approximately

Ashton Martin is a student who plans to attend approximately four professional events a year at her college. Each event necessitates a financial outlay of $100 to $200 for a new suit and accessories. After incurring a major hit to her savings for the first event, Ashton developed a different approach. She buys the suit on credit the week before the event, wears it to the event, and returns it the next week to the store for a full refund on her charge card. Required 1. Comment on the ethics exhibited by Ashton and possible consequences of her actions. 2. How does the merchandising company account for the suits that Ashton returns?
Category: Single Problem
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Alex :

Hi, I can help you with this. What's the due date and required word count?

Customer:

tonight if possible and over 150 words

Alex :

Sure, no problem. Give me about 15 minutes.

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
All set with 200 words, please rate or let me know if you need additional help.

Thanks
Alex

While Ashton’s actions may not constitute legal action on behalf of the clothing store she is in fact acting in an unethical manner as buying clothes means that the clothing is being purchased and not rented. The cost of returns cost both the merchant and the manufacturer as returned clothing cannot be sold as new. In this case the merchandiser must find some way to sell the clothing at a discounted price in a second-hand store or otherwise. Ashton wouldn’t think of buying a gallon of milk, using part of it and then returning it. The same is true for clothing as it is no longer a new salable item. The possible consequences to her are that the store would no longer allow her to purchase or return clothing. The consequences to everyone else is a higher price for the clothing that people are buying as well as increased cost to the manufacturer and merchant. Accounting for the returned items requires the merchandising company to incur additional cost associated with the transaction that they otherwise would not have causing them to increase the cost of their clothes overall to account for the loss of use for the clothing being returned.
Alex, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: BS in Business Administration. Able to assist with business related homework.