Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

Use the Percentage Sales Method and a 25% increase in sales

Use the Percentage Sales Method and a 25% increase in sales to forecast Micro Chip's Consolidated Statement of Operations for the period of September 26, 2008 through September 25, 2009. Assume a 15% tax rate and restructuring costs of 5% of the new sales figure.
Discuss your results from question number #1. What assumptions have you made? Do any of your assumptions seem unreasonable?

To receive full credit on this assignment, please show all work, including formulae and calculations used to arrive at the financial values. Students using Microsoft Excel must provide an adequate explanation of the methodology used to arrive at that answer.

Micro Chip Computer Corporation
Consolidated Statements of Operations For the period September 26, 2007 through
September 25, 2008
Cost of Sales
Gross Margin
Operating expenses:
R & D
Selling, General, and Administrative
In‐process R & D
Restructuring costs
Total Operating Exp
Operating income
Total interest and other Income net
Income before provision for Income taxes
Provision for income Taxes (15%)
Net income

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help with your question today.

CLICK HERE for the excel file. The attached file has the answers for all 4 parts of this question (even though you have only listed what is under PART 2) - So, just want to ensure you see that these two questions posted are under Part 2 answer 1 and answer 2.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.