Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

I need just an outline for this project here: 1 I. Human

Customer Question

i need just an outline for this project here:
1 I. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) A. Definition: Genital human papillomavirus (also called HPV) is a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Even though HPV is the most common STI most people don’t know that they are affected by it, which can lead to genital warts or cervical cancer (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2009). There are over 40 different types of HPV and for the purpose of this presentation the focus will be HVP 6,11, 16 and 18. B. Reason for choosing to research HVP 1. Updates in recommendations in vaccinating males 2. Most Common STI 3. Affects both females and males 4. Importance of patient education starting at age nine 5. The potential for poor outcomes if it goes untreated II. Pathophysiology of HPV – “A non-enveloped double-stranded DNA virus that belongs to the Papillomaviridae family, HPV strains can be practically classified by their risk of causing cervical cancer into low-risk” (Steben & Duarte-Franco, S2). I will focus only on four genotypes of HPV. A. HPV 6 and 11 – Low-risk HPV and associated with a benign lesion affects the genital area and present in the following ways (Steben & Duarte-Franco, 2007). 1. Genital Warts (condylomata) 2. Low- grade squamous intraepithelial lesion of the cervix (LSIL) and vulva (VIN 1) B. HPV 16 and 18 - High risk HPV infection that has been linked to three serious conditions (Steben & Duarte-Franco, 2007) 1. Anogenital Cancer – Affecting the anus and the external genitals 2. Extra Anogenital Cancer - Affecting the organs of the of the genital area, such as the cervix 3. Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis - Known as RRP and is a benign multi-focal neoplasm (warts) on the mucosal surface of the respiratory tract. (Alder Hey Hospital, Liverpool, UK, 2006) Sample of a Detailed Outline for NR448 Focused Illness Project
2 III. HPV- From Diagnosis to Treatment or Death A. Diagnosis of HPV – As of to date the most common testing is as follows (American Social Health Association, Inc., 1999-2010); 1. Visualization of the warts during an exam with acetic acid (vinegar). 2. Pap Test – This test involves taking a small sample of cells from the cervix, usually during a routine pelvic exam. These cells are then sent down to a laboratory where they are observed under a microscope. 3. HPV Testing – This test is now being done routinely for women over the age of 30 at the same time as a pap test or a sample is taken from the actual pap sample. This test can detect up to 13 types of HPV that are commonly found in cervical cancer. B. Progression of HPV 1. Majority of women and men with an HPV infection are not aware because they are systematic, and typically the body’s immune system will fight it off without any problems (American Social Health Association, Inc., 1999-2010). 2. HPV 6 and 11 - Causes 90% of genital warts (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2008). 3. HPV 16 and 18 - Causes 70% of cervical cancers (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2008). C. Prevalence of HPV - “The highest rates of genital HPV infection have been reported in sexually active women aged by 25 years. One in every two people will acquire a genital HPV infection in their lifetimes; by the age of 50, this proportion reaches 80% in women” (Steben & Duarte-Franco, p.S2). IV. Assessment of HPV A. Subjective Data –I will present the subjective data that patients with HPV infection present with. It will be organized as follows: 1. HPV 6 and 11 – Genital Warts 2. HPV 16 and 18 – Anogenitial, Extra Anogenitial and RRP a) Extra Anogenitial – b) Anogenitial – B. Objective Data
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer,

I can do an outline for you no later than Monday night at 11:00 p.m. EDT, however I will need to request more credit for doing this outline. I will make you an offer.

Kindest regards,

Donna Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, ABD

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 month ago.
Hello, my name is Greg. Are you still needing assistance with this question? If so, what is the deadline for a resource?

Related Short Essay (2 pages or less) Questions