Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

One of the most important roles that members of Congress

Customer Question

One of the most important roles that members of Congress play in our policymaking system is the representation of the citizens living within their districts or states. Your textbook mentions the following two ways that members of Congress can represent their citizens:
Instructed Delegate Model- Representative makes decisions consistent with the wishes of his/her citizens regardless of his/ her own views on the issue
Trustee Model- Representative should act in the way he/she feels is in the best interests of his/her constituents regardless of the expressed wishes of his/her constituents. Another way to view the trustee model is that a member of Congress also must look out for the entire country, not just his/her constituents.
In your opinion, which of these two models of representation should members of Congress use when making decisions in Congress? Should members of Congress use the delegate model in certain issues while using the trustee model on other issues? If so, in which issues should members of Congress utilize the delegate model and in which issues should they utilize the trustee model?
At least 250 words.
Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long delay. Many experts have reviewed your question so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help. The question may be just too difficult or not informative enough or priced too low.

I know that you have been waiting for quite some time and want to ensure that you at least receive a resource to assist.

I only receive credit for my help when you rate my services OK or higher.

CLICK HERE for a resource I have put together with some information that will assist as you prepare your final response. Feel free to reply back to me if you have questions.

What can you expect now.... As soon as an expert responds, you are charged for the question value you have places. I am not an employee of this Website but am working for, and paid by, you as the customer when you rate my response as okay, good, or excellent (or 3, 4, or 5 stars depending on the rating system you are provided). Remember that you are rating my professional services and not the Website itself (or issues you have with the site itself). If you are thinking of leaving a lower rating, please be sure to reply back first to see if I am able to assist further with your prompt.

Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you able to answer the question?

Related Short Essay (2 pages or less) Questions