Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

Can anyone answer this within the next couple of minutes?

Customer Question

Can anyone answer this for me within the next couple of minutes? Just need a short answer. 100 words or soDescribe how a teacher could create a literate environment in the classroom to promote vocabulary development, with examples of what a visitor to the classroom might see.
Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
anyone? if not soon I can cancel question.
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There are several methods that could be used. Many teachers, to incorporate this, will use word walls or they will label items around the room with the words. For example, under the clock would be a small sign that said clock and near the pencil sharpener would be a sign that said pencil sharpener. In this way, kids are naturally starting to "see" the words for common objects without actually realizing it and it starts to build in their minds. A visitor would be able to see this by the signs on the common items in the classroom.

Related Short Essay (2 pages or less) Questions