khadijahtriggs
khadijahtriggs, Master's Degree
Experience:  Speech Therapist for 30 years in the New York City School System.
49871350

SP180 Principles of Public Speaking Lesson 6&7:

Customer Question

SP180 Principles of Public SpeakingLesson 6&7:Directions: Answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the "Assignment Format" page for specific format requirements.1. Create a complete preparation outline using the outline template below for a persuasive speech.2. You may choose from one of the topics below.
a. Why banning the use of cell phones while driving should be mandatory nationwide
b. What I see as the biggest challenges young adults face today
c. Increased dependence on technology in the U.S.
d. Bullying in schools.
e. Gun laws in the U.S.3. State the general purpose, specific purpose, and central idea clearly and in the appropriate form.4. Limit your key points to three and main points with supporting resources to two per point.5. State your key points and main points in complete sentences.6. Summarize key points of introduction with a call for action in your conclusion.7. Based on your submitted outline, begin writing the first draft of your speech while studying the next lesson. In Lesson 7, you will study how to write the components of your speech. The outcome of this process is a final written speech to be submitted as your final assignment in Lesson 7.
Use this outline as your template.I. TITLE:
A. General Purpose
B. Specific Purpose
C. Central ideaII. Introduction
A. Key point #1
B. Key point #2
C. Key point #3III. Body of the Presentation
A. Key Point #1
1. Supporting statement and resource
2. Supporting statement and resource
B. Key Point #2
1. Supporting statement and resource
2. Supporting statement and resource
C. Key Point #3
1. Supporting statement and resource
2. Supporting statement and resourceIV. Conclusion____________________________
Lesson 7:Directions: Answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the "Assignment Format" page for specific format requirements.Project: Written Speech1. Submit your speech with a title page, your name, and date submitted.
2. Your response should be a minimum of two (2) double-spaced pages to a maximum of four (4) pages in length; refer to the "Assignment Format" page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.
3. Develop your speech based on the preparation outline you submitted for Assignment 6.
4. Write your speech using tips, techniques, and guidelines studied in the lesson.
5. Create a reference list that includes any and all sources you use to locate information.
6. Review the Speech Grading Criteria.Format RequirementsUse the following format requirements on all submissions.Writing Style APA (American Psychological Association)
Note: To find detailed information on APA manuscript style guidelines on the Internet, go to www.apastyle.org.
Margins 1” all sides
Paragraphs The entire document should be double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5" x 11")
Headings Bold
Type Style and Size Times New Roman, 12 point
Software MS WordStudent/Assignment InformationThe following information should be on the first page on the top left side of the page in the format provided below. Do not provide a cover sheet (unless the assignment requires one).
Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no model.Here is the outline template neededUse this outline as your template.I. TITLE:
A. General Purpose
B. Specific Purpose
C. Central ideaII. Introduction
A. Key point #1
B. Key point #2
A. Key Point #1
1. Supporting statement and resource
2. Supporting statement and resource
B. Key Point #2
1. Supporting statement and resource
2. Supporting statement and resource
C. Key Point #3
1. Supporting statement and resource
2. Supporting statement and resourceIV. ConclusionI hope this is what you needed
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is 2 different assignments here.Lesson 7 is the final outlined speech

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you!!
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** on your due date, I may be able to help with this. If I'm reading this correctly, the outline needs to be four pages and the essay needs to be four pages as well? It sounds a little odd for an outline to need to be that long. Did I misunderstand that? I ask because the number of pages will affect the value of the question. Also, could you tell me your due date? I am full through Tuesday but I could have the outline to you by Thursday or Friday and then we could address the essay once your professor has approved the outline. Does this work for you?

Best,

Bethany Robertson

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Bethany,You have done some work for me before. You did my "W
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry it cut me off before I could finish what I was saying. You did my "Why is a college education important to me" essay..I have attached a example of what the professor expects Assignment 6 it to look like, Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My due date is June 2, 2016 before midnight.
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 11 months ago.

I'm so sorry, with my current schedule there is no way I could have this done by tonight! If that is your absolute latest time to have it, I will opt out and open it to other experts who may be able to help you more quickly. Let me know what you want to do.

Bethany

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when could you have both done by? I might be able to postpone it a little further out. I just have to give them a due date that it will be completed.Thank you so much for your time
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 11 months ago.

I am full through Tuesday but I could have the outline to you by Thursday or Friday and then we could address the essay once your professor has approved the outline.

For both outline and essay, the total would be $144. That would be an increase of $98. Does this work for you?

Best,

Bethany Robertson

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Bethany,I appreciate your time and patience. I can not afford $144 dollars.I will have to decline.Thank you though for your time.-Angela
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am always happy to work with customers on this. I have gone back and re-read the instructions. Could you clarify something for me? In one spot it refers to the outline itself as needing four pages. But in another spot, it seems to say that it needs to be four pages total; outline and essay together. Do you know which is correct? If it is only to be four pages altogether, then I would only need an increase of $27. Does this sound more doable?

Bethany

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't see why I would need a outline to be 4 pages.The essay (final speech) needs to be 4 pages I would think.
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 11 months ago.

Could you possibly get your professor to clarify this for us since the instructions are unclear?

Bethany

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i will ask him.
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. Let me know when you hear back from him and we can evaluate the value needed again.

Bethany

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Prof. Response:Assignment 06 is the Outline. The instructions are that it should be four (4) double-spaced pages. This can include the separate page that will be your References/Bibliography or that page can be separate if your Outline has to be longer. Please see the Tutorial 6 which covers this assignment and includes an example.
Assignment 07 is the Speech that you will build from your Outline. This is also to be four (4) double-spaced pages although your Cover Page and your References/Bibliography can be additional pages to those four.
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 11 months ago.

I understand from your professor's e-mail that the total number of pages would, after all, be eight. If it would help at all, I could give you a 5% discount which would bring the total to $136.80, an increase of $91.20. I completely understand if this is still too high for you and will opt out and open the question to other experts if you wish. Just let me know what you want to do.

Bethany

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ma'am it's still to much but i appreciate your time on this and sorry for the confusion
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 11 months ago.

You're very welcome. I'm so sorry we couldn't come to an agreement. I hope you find another expert.

Regretfully,

Bethany

Expert:  khadijahtriggs replied 11 months ago.

When is this due? How much are you able to pay?

Khadijah is my name sorry about that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon,Nice to meet you!This was due last Friday but I was able to get it stretched out until Thursday June 9th, at the request of the before Expert.I can not afford 136 dollars for 8pages. That is like charging me almost $16.00/17.00 a page.With these now being considered late because of experts passing me I am being docked a grade point down from a possible A to maybe a C-D. So in my opinion 136.00 is not worth a possible C-D grade. You tell me what you are willing to charge and we will go from there. I have had so many ppl look at this assisignment its costing me much more than money.Thank you,
Angela
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
khadijahtriggs,Are you still interested?I replied to you question and I have never heard back from you.Thank you,
ABT

I am very sorry that you have had such a hard time with this paper. I think the grade that you are being given is unfair. I will opt out however and allow another expert to help you because I have a family emergency that might stop me from meeting your deadline. Again I am very sorry.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you.

Related Short Essay (2 pages or less) Questions