judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Writing expert on justanswer.com for five years. Fast, reliable innovative research for short essays.
46206387

Week Two Journal – Quotes This week, you begin writing your

Customer Question

Week Two Journal – Quotes
This week, you begin writing your journal entries. This journal is designed to give you practice in academic writing, which is very different from the personal essay writing that you have been practicing. Academic writing entails making a point and supporting that point with information from a reputable source. There are three ways to support a point with information from a source: quoting, paraphrasing, or summarizing. This week, you will practice quoting a source and citing that source in your journal entry. Please be sure to read and review the “Example Journal Entry – Quotes” document, which describes how to integrate quotations. You should also review Guidelines for Quoting Sources and English Composition I: Integrating Quotations into Sentences.
Note: The journal assignment should not be confused with a personal journal. This activity requires organization, effective stylistics and grammar, and proper source incorporation. It is not a free-writing or reflective writing exercise.
Both of the personal essays we have read this week, “Sister Flowers” and “I Want a Wife,” use narrative and/or descriptive elements (refer to sections 6.3 and 6.4 in Essentials of College Writing), and each has a clear purpose.
Write about one of the essays assigned in this week’s readings. In 250 to 500 words
State the purpose of the essay.
Describe one descriptive writing pattern being used in the essay (refer to section 6.4 in Essentials of College Writing).
Explain why you think that descriptive writing pattern is used well by the writer.
Incorporate a quote from the essay and properly cite the essay.
Explain how you plan to use the same descriptive writing pattern in your personal essay.
Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  Ericka Pirtle replied 10 months ago.

Hello I can assist with this. When do you need this done?

Also can you provide the two essays that were mentioned.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello here is the essay that I submited
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This was the essay

Thank you

I will make the changes to this file.

I'm sorry when did you say you needed this completed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Today at 5pm
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I sent you the wrong file Let me send you the right ones
Sorry I read the homework wrong.

I'm sorry but I won't be able to have it done for you by then. I can opt out so someone can help you sooner.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Heres the link to the first essay
http://genius.com/Maya-angelou-mrs-flowers-from-i-know-why-the-caged-bird-sings-annotated
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Heres the link to the second one
http://www.columbia.edu/~sss31/rainbow/wife.html
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please and thank you

Related Short Essay (2 pages or less) Questions