Dr. Wilson
Dr. Wilson, Doctoral Degree
Experience:  Doctorate in Law; BA English; Research/ writing expert
16445198

Alex has decided to try and sell s car by parking it outside

Customer Question

Alex has decided to try and sell his car by parking it outside his house with a notice on the windscreen stating: “For sale. Pristine example-one owner SGD60,000.00 or near offer. Please call number 38 or telephone###-##-#### *****”
1)On Monday at 9am, Joshua sees the car, but as he is late for work he is unable to stop. He telephones Alex from work and makes an offer of SGD55,000.00 which Alex says he will consider.
2)(Michael calls Alex’s house on Monday at 11.00am but Mary, Alex’s daughter, is the only person there. He therefore leaves a note reading: “Monday 11.05am. Please keep car for me-here is a cheque for SGD60,000.00 Michael.” Mary leaves the note on Alex’s desk in his study. )
On Monday afternoon, Alex decides to accept Joshua’s offer and posts a letter at 2.30pm to Joshua’s business address saying: “I agree to sell on your terms. Because of the lower price cay you pay in cash?”
At 4.30pm on Monday, Alex reads Michael’s acceptance and immediately telephones Joshua’s business address, leaving a message on the recorded answering machine: “Ignore the letter you will receive-deal off. Alex.”
Joshua is away on business and only listens to the tape on Wednesday evening. At 2.15pm on Monday, Lizzy sees the notice and hurriedly posts a letter of acceptance and cheque for SGD60,000 in time for the 3.00pm postal collection. Unfortunately, as Lizzy misaddress her letter, it only arrives on Friday.
Advise each party as to their legal position.
Answer must be related to Spencer V. Harding. it is a group work. my part is to mention about the Issues of Invitation to Treat (focus on Tenders)
Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  Dr. Wilson replied 10 months ago.

What is this? A contracts question? Is this a legal question? Please let me know asap.

Please let me know asap if you need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need assistance, its a contracts question and my part is regarding the Issues of Invitation to treat while focusing on the tenders.. It's a business law assignment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Sir,Are you working on it? Haven't heard a word from you after my reply.

Hi. By when do you need this answered?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Submission is on Tuesday the 12th of Jan

no problem. have it to you by then.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK

OK read this and let me know if this answers your part of the assignment:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tna1ow0l4j2dr7p/justanswer-legal_question_01-10-16.sxw

Hello. Have you had a chance to look over the answer? If so, and if you approve of my work, then please provide me with a positive rating because it is the only way I can be compensated for my work. Thanks.

Have you read the answer yet?

Related Short Essay (2 pages or less) Questions