asciandwildlife
asciandwildlife, Master's Degree
Experience:  Published Researcher, Current PhD in Environmental Sciences Candidate
9201161

I need someone's help with writing up an award

Customer Question

I need someone's help with writing up an award nomination for myself.
"This award program identifies outstanding philanthropic efforts and excellence and creativity in community involvement by company employees and retirees. The award honors company's Director Emeritus lifelong commitment to community and company's legacy in community service.
I'd like to get some help with this and would like to talk to a person on the phone to provide as much detail about my community service experience as possible.
Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  asciandwildlife replied 11 months ago.

Hello Niceguy. I am unavailable for a phone call, but if you could provide me the requirements for the nomination letter, and a copy of your resume/cv, I would be glad to assist. By having the resume and requirements for the letter in document files, it will make it much easier to incorporate the details mentioned in your resume in a meaningful order. Also, let me know when this assignment is due.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here is the drop box link for my resume: https://www.dropbox.com/s/opam76nfakvkdkx/Hall_Resume.docx?dl=0I've been a Red Cross Volunteer since age 15 (i'm now 38). I do disaster services work to assist clients who have immediate needs following a local or national disaster, activate CAC cards for clients (work weekly on-call for 3 out of 4 weeks a month) to assist clients with purchasing immediate needs or putting them in hotels when a local or national disaster takes place, teaching CPR and First Aid courses in the community for Red Cross as an Instructor, volunteer Paramedic with fire department and Ambulance Service for 10 years, teach swimming lessons to kids and adults in the community with Red Cross during the summer, provide service to military and their families when there is an immediate need for a military member to be called back to the states for emergencies (working to verify information and provide the service members chain of command) with the information needed for them to determine if service member will come back home, etc. I recently was a casework supervisor for the American Red Cross on DR 767-15 assisting the families of the Texas Storms (refult of Hurricane Patricia) with getting homes rebuilt, providing referrals for local resources for home repair, replacing food, and issuing CAC cards to help families with immediate needs, assisting families with filing for FEMA, and ensuring that families long term disaster recovery plans were in place. Etc. Let me know if you need additional information.

Several questions:

When is this due?

What is the name of the award and the name of the organization giving the award?

How long does the organization suggest the letter be?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
due by Thursday
Henry P. Becton Volunteer Impact Awards. This award program identifies outstanding philanthropic efforts and excellence and creativity in community involvement by BD employees and retirees. The award honors BD Director Emeritus Henry P. Becton’s lifelong commitment to community and BD’s legacy in community service.
Maybe just make it a 3/4 to a page long

Thanks for the extra information! I can certainly have this letter written for you by your deadline.

Here is your recommendation letter. There are a few places in red font that you should fill in with details. Other than that, it is all set!

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER SO I RECEIVE CREDIT FOR MY WORK.

Link to letter: https://www.sendspace.com/file/15gdob

Link to delete letter: https://www.sendspace.com/delete/15gdob/b4937c67700f3bf5cdba5f1b05de54d7

Hello! Just checking in! Have you reviewed your answer? I hope it has met your needs. Please don't forget to rate my answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just taking a look now. So sorry for delay.

That's quite fine.

Related Short Essay (2 pages or less) Questions