lani_s
lani_s, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  I had been assisting students in writing essays.

1.) Explain how the use of substances alters a persons state

Customer Question

1.) Explain how the use of substances alters a person’s state of consciousness, including depressants, stimulants, and hallucinogens. Include in this explanation what happens to the neurotransmitters and body chemicals as well as how you might recognize if a person at work or in your family is in an altered state of consciousness due to the influence of drugs.
2.) This question has five parts. One of the cornerstones of Freudian theory is the concept of the unconscious not to be confused with the state of being knocked unconscious by a blow to the head. (a) What did Freud mean by the concept of the unconscious? (b) When is it beneficial for much of our behavior to be unconscious? (c) When is it not beneficial? (d) If much of our behavior is unconscious, can you recognize unconscious behavior in yourself and in others? (e) How would you know behavior was unconsciously driven?
3.) Group think is a concept that involves individuals abandoning their critical sense and agreeing to group process even when they know it will have disastrous consequences. (Challenger disaster, Enron, Iraq war, etc.). Your will encounter these pressures in your work life and need to be prepared. Have you ever done something in a group that you would not have done if you were alone? What happened? How did you feel? What have you learned from this chapter that might help you avoid this behavior in the future, and avoid group think?
4.)How does prejudice develop and how might it be supported in families and in the work place? Do you believe that you are free of prejudice?
Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

Do you need just brief discussions for each question? Any word count required?

Do you need references?

when do you need that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

hi there,

No theres no minimum or maximum word count. as long as I'm able to answer the question fully and with good detail. I don't need references but if i do use a reference i gotta make sure to cite it within the answer. I will need this done for wednesday. If you can earlier that will be great.

Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

Thanks.

I will post my thoughts once done.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok sounds good.

Thank you!
Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

Here you go, please download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ca7r7u

Let me know if you need further assistance or have any question.

Please let me know of your feedback once you reviewed the file.

If satisfied, please spare time to leave positive ratings.

Thanks and good luck!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi lani s,

The response came out perfect and very detailed. Great job! It seems I forgot one more question. Would you be able to answer it?

This was the question:

• which of the many factors that cause prejudice do you think is most important to change?

Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.

I think the prejudice that comes mainly to show conformity with the particular society is the important factor that needs to be changed. Every person differs from one another. For instance, cultural background and social differences should not be used when developing a perception as you look at certain person. Conformity with the society you belong to is vital in keeping unity and cohesion but other people also deserve of being respected. People cannot be prejudged merely based on their societal affiliation.

lani_s, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: I had been assisting students in writing essays.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Alright thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!!

Expert:  lani_s replied 11 months ago.
You're most welcome!