Kathy
Kathy, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in MFT and B.S in Psychology and Education Leadership specialization.

Kathy, I need your assistance with 2 discussions (Due today-Thurs),

Kathy, I need your assistance with 2 discussions (Due today-Thurs), quiz and final paper (Due Sun 11-18-12). Do you want me to post the quiz this evening? Thank you for your awesome help!!

Mowrer's Two-Factor Theory

According to Mowrer’s two-factor theory, avoidance learning combines both classical conditioning and reinforcement. In your own words, summarize how each of these elements contributes to the two-factor theory. Provide an example from your own experience that demonstrates a situation where both factors were involved in learning. Be sure to explain how your situation illustrates both factors.

Your initial post should be a minimum of 250-300 words. You must use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed source that was published within the past five years and is cited according to APA guidelines.

Neobehaviorism

1. Explain how Hull’s and Tolman’s views amended previous S-R theory resulting in neobehaviorism. In your own words, summarize a research study that supports the neobehaviorism approach.
Final Paper
The Final Paper will explain, compare, and contrast the major principles associated with classical conditioning, operant conditioning, and neobehaviorism. Include each element below in your explanation of each of the three theories:
1. Describe the major principles associated with each theory.
2. Explain the contributions of the major theorists who worked to develop each theory.
3. Explain how each theory accounts for the mental processes associated with learning.
4. Summarize how each theory makes use of prior experience in explaining how people learn.
5. Describe how each theory explains how permanent change in behavior takes place.
6. Apply each theory to a real-world learning environment (e.g., schools, treatment facilities, businesses, social activities).
Your Final Paper must be eight to ten pages in length, not including the title and references pages. Your work should demonstrate your understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, and your own research, as well as illustrate the application of the learning theories to an educational learning environment.

You must utilize at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the past five years and are formatted according to APA guidelines.
You will be evaluated on the quality of your analysis of the principles of learning, your ability to analyze and incorporate scholarly sources, the quality of the peer-reviewed sources chosen, your writing skills, and the appropriate use of APA style.

Writing the Final Paper

The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the past five years.
7. Must document all sources in APA style.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style.
Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.

kghinaglia :

The questions will be ready before 5 and please post the quiz this evening to be ready by 5 am. The final paper is for Sunday all will be ready on a timely manner. Thanks

Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.

Your answers are attached I hope they help. Thanks answers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. The main reason that Watson wanted to exclude statements about the mind from psychology was that: (Points : 1)

he did not believe that the mind existed.
statements about the mind were untestable.
he favored environmental explanations over genetic ones.
he opposed the concept of free will.

2. Though it seems logical that fear and avoidance should be linked and proven to be so, experiments did not firmly demonstrate this to be the case. Seligman and Johnston proposed a cognitive theory of avoidance learning in response to this dilemma. Their response was: (Points : 1)

to propose that avoidance responding is based neither on fear nor expectation, but on the innate response to signals of danger.
to propose that avoidance re­sponding is based not on fear, but on the subject’s expectation that a response will avoid shock.
to propose that avoidance responding is based on fear but not on the subject’s expectation that a response will avoid shock.
to propose that avoidance responding though based on fear will inevitably lead to the expectation that a shock will occur but not to avoid it.

3. Hull and Tolman agreed that: (Points : 1)

introspection is acceptable under certain circumstances.
statements about internal events must be regarded as theoretical.
learning is associative.
intervening variables must be plausible.

4. Tolman disagreed with Hull primarily because: (Points : 1)

Tolman believed that overt behavior is the only measure of a psychologists explanation of accuracy.
Tolman felt that Hull’s ideas were too radical to be taken seriously.
Tolman did not believe that internal processes could be successfully measured to the degree necessary to predict if behavior was a response to a stimulus.
Tolman did not believe that internal processes failed to capture the purposive nature of behavior.

5. Why have psychologists have so much difficulty in determining which of the two theories, associative or cognitive, is correct? (Points : 1)

Because experimental design is so similar that the results cannot help but yield similar results.
Because over time, psychologists cannot agree on which theory is correct because findings continually point to one or the other thus leading to ambiguous conclusions.
Because psychologists never agree on anything when it comes to learning theory.
Because they are so similar they are both correct; therefore, some evidence suggests that the two processes coexist in the same organism influencing the same behavior.

6. Hull’s response to the Behaviorists’ belief that only those behaviors that can be observed objectively can be studied was: (Points : 1)

proven incorrect over time by the scientific community.
shunned by the scientific community.
the opposite of behavioral laws.
the same as behavioral laws.

7. Behaviorists define the sense impression or sensation in the visible environment as the association in the environment that gives rise to it. This is known as: (Points : 1)

impulse.
reinforcement.
scientific method.
stimulus.

8. When identical human and animal FI experiment results are compared, their effects are significantly different, except when conducted on children under the age of two. According to the text, the reason for this can largely be explained because: (Points : 1)

The human capacity for complex thought means that the cognitive system plays a greater role in the human response.
The human capacity for dexterity means that the cognitive system plays a greater role in the human response.
The human capacity for language means that the cognitive system plays a greater role in the human response.
The human capacity for movement means that the cognitive system plays a greater role in the human response.

9. The main difference between behaviorism and neobehaviorism is that neobehaviorism: (Points : 1)

accepts the existence of the mind.
allows the use of introspective evidence.
allows the postulation of unobservable events at a theoretical level.
repudiates the central role of associations.

10. Thorndike argued that if learning in the puzzle box involved insight into the nature of the problem, then the latency to escape from the box should _____ in the period before performance became asymptotic. (Points : 1)

gradually decrease
suddenly decrease
at first increase, but then gradually decrease
at first increase, but then suddenly decrease

Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
I will post the answers on a timely manner. Thanks
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the final paper for today. Thanks!

Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
I am fine. I will be posting it in the early hours of this evening. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Due tomorrow (Mon) afternoon, I need you assistance with short responses to the following discussion post:

Mowrer's Two-Factor Theory

1. Was there anything in the article that stood out as an "ah-ha" moment for you in learning about the two-factor theory?

2. Did these concepts make sense up front or did you find they took a bit of work to make them a bit more clear. Some people report having difficulty understanding how the factors in Mowrer's theory interact and work together.

Neobehaviorism

1. Good summary of the S-R Theory and the modifications that Hull and Tolman believed were required in order to fully explain learning behaviors. Use of neobehaviorist thinking can be seen in wide variety of research, continuing on today. For example you located an article by Holland (2008). Did this article conduct and explain a research study that supported neobehaviorism? If so, can you summarize for us how Holland (2008) conducted the research and what the basic findings of the study were?

2. Do you feel that the neobehaviorist approach is a more complete approach. Now that we've studied a number of different theories, does this one seem to explain learning behavior better than the others? Is there anything you feel the approach is still lacking?

3. Does the neobehaviorist approach seem like a good response to the inconsistencies found in previous behaviorist approaches including S-R theory?

Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.

Your paper is attached I hope it helps I will complete the last part of the question tomorrow. Thanks answer

Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.

Your last answers are attached. I hope they help you. Thanks answers

Kathy, Master's Degree
Experience: Masters in MFT and B.S in Psychology and Education Leadership specialization.