Kathy
Kathy, Master's Degree
Experience:  Masters in MFT and B.S in Psychology and Education Leadership specialization.
49749778

Kathy, I need you assistance with another question just like

Customer Question

Kathy, I need you assistance with another question just like the one from last week. 1. Reinforcement Schedules Various reinforcement schedules have been shown to have different effects on the rate and retention of learning. In your own words, explain the meaning of fixed interval (FI), variable interval (VI), fixed ratio (FR), and variable ratio (VR) reinforcement schedules. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of the four types of reinforcement schedules? Give an example from your own experience when one of the four types of reinforcement schedules was used. What were the results? Your initial post should be a minimum of 250-300 words. You must use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed source that was published within the past five years and is cited according to APA guidelines. 2. Reinforcement Contingencies Select either Option A or Option B. Option A: View the Heroin Experiment video. Based on the principles of reinforcement and reinforcement contingencies, explain how some individuals may continue to use heroin even though their reactions after using the drug for the first time are often both pleasurable and repulsive. Warning: This video contains adult language. If you are offended by adult language, you may turn off the sound at the 50:20 minute mark and just watch the remainder of the video, or you may choose Option B. Your initial post should be a minimum of 250-300 words. You must use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed source that was published within the past five years and is cited according to APA guidelines. Option B: Review the Dodd, Glassman, Arthur, Webb, and Miller (2010) article regarding positive and negative consequences of excessive alcohol consumption among underage college students. Based on the principles of reinforcement and reinforcement contingencies, explain why these college students continue to drink alcohol to excess despite the reported negative consequences. Your initial post should be a minimum of 250-300 words. You must use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed source that was published within the past five years and is cited according to APA guidelines. Article link: Dodd, V., Glassman, T., Arthur, A., Webb, M., & Miller, M.. (2010). Why underage college students drink in excess: Qualitative research findings. American Journal of Health Education, 41(2), 93-101. Retrieved from the ProQuest database. Video link: Ogilvie, C., Kleider, A., & Kleider, M. (Producers). (2010). Heroin experiment. In Streets of plenty: Inside the world of the homeless. Retrieved from Films On Demand database. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN NOT LOCATE THE ABOVE LINKS. 3. 10 question QUIZ The quiz I can post Thurs evening again. Is Thurs good for you? 4. Essay assignment: Final Paper Outline/Annotated Bibliography For this assignment, you must create an outline and annotated bibliography that will be used as the basis for your Final Paper. Review the criteria for your Final Paper in Week Five of this course. Your outline should contain a heading for each of the three required conditioning theories (classical conditioning, operant conditioning, and neobehaviorism). Each heading should have a one- to two sentence description of that theory. Under each heading, you must include sub-headings as outlined below, with a two-to three sentence description of each. The description should demonstrate that you have done significant research, evaluation, and critical thinking on the issues related to each theory as well as its application to various learning environments. For example: I. CLASSICAL CONDITIONING A. Describe the major principles associated with this theory. B. Explain the contributions of the major theorists who worked to develop this theory. C. Define the major principles associated within this theory as they relate to the psychology of learning. D. Summarize how this theory makes use of prior experience in explaining how people learn. E. Describe how this theory explains how permanent change in behavior takes place. F. Apply this theory to a real world setting (e.g., schools, treatment facilities, businesses, social activities). The annotated bibliography must include a minimum of five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last five years. Each source should include a brief description of the source and a summary of how it is relevant to the topic of your paper. Your outline and annotated bibliography must adhere to APA style. Your assignment should be THREE TO FIVE pages in length and organized as follows: a. Title Page (one page) b. Outline (one to two pages) c. Annotated Bibliography (one to two pages) Once you accept the assignment I will attach the final paper topics that are needed to complete the bibliography.

Link to video: http://digital.films.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?aid=18596&xtid=43701

Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Customer:

Hi! I got the three questions. Please send me the following resources.

Article link: Dodd, V., Glassman, T., Arthur, A., Webb, M., & Miller, M.. (2010). Why underage college students drink in excess: Qualitative research findings. American Journal of Health Education, 41(2), 93-101. Retrieved from the ProQuest database. Video link: Ogilvie, C., Kleider, A., & Kleider, M. (Producers). (2010). Heroin experiment. In Streets of plenty: Inside the world of the homeless. Retrieved from Films On Demand database/ and.the final paper topics. When are the questions due Wednesday evening correct? Thanks

Customer :

Question 1 and 2 which are discussion questions are due Wed evening. question 3 is a quiz and I can post it Thurs evening like last week if that works for you. Question 4 is an outline for the final paper and it is Due Sun afternoon.

Customer:

Perfect, I just need the sources I mentioned in my last posting. Thanks

Customer :

I will post the article this afternoon for option A. Can you access the link at the bottom of the question? It is for the video for option B.

Customer :

I will also post the instructions for the final paper so you can choose a topic and begin the outline for Sunday.

Customer :

Let me know if you can not access the link to the video. Thanks

Customer:

Our system has been updated to provide greater security. Access to this page now requires authentication. Please login. If you do not have login information, contact your library administrator. I could not access the video either I got the above message. Thanks

Customer :

Kathy please use the option B, the article and I will attach the article the this message. Please let me know asap if you do not receive the PDF attachment. I have had problems previously with attachments on the chats. Again, thank you for your help!

Customer:

no attachment

Customer :

I will attach it to the previous question as it is not in a chat and hopefully it will work.

Customer :

Done-attached

Customer:

okay

Customer :

Final Paper

The Final Paper will explain, compare, and contrast the major principles associated with classical conditioning, operant conditioning, and neobehaviorism. Include each element below in your explanation of each of the three theories:

1. Describe the major principles associated with each theory.

2. Explain the contributions of the major theorists who worked to develop each theory.

3. Explain how each theory accounts for the mental processes associated with learning.

4. Summarize how each theory makes use of prior experience in explaining how people learn.

5. Describe how each theory explains how permanent change in behavior takes place.

6. Apply each theory to a real-world learning environment (e.g., schools, treatment facilities, businesses, social activities).

Your Final Paper must be eight to ten pages in length, not including the title and references pages. Your work should demonstrate your understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, and your own research, as well as illustrate the application of the learning theories to an educational learning environment.

You must utilize at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the past five years and are formatted according to APA guidelines.

You will be evaluated on the quality of your analysis of the principles of learning, your ability to analyze and incorporate scholarly sources, the quality of the peer-reviewed sources chosen, your writing skills, and the appropriate use of APA style.

Writing the Final Paper

The Final Paper:

1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style.
2. Must include a title page with the following:

a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted

3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the past five years.
7. Must document all sources in APA style.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the
Customer:

This week is the outline online, when you post the actual paper next week please include the above information again. Thanks

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Answers 1 and 2 are attached. Thanks answers

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The 3-5 page outline is due this Sun. I will post the final paper in another question soon. I just wanted you to see what was expected in the final paper so you could assist with the outline this week. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you help with the required cite needed for question 1? I need at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed source that was published within the past five years and is cited according to APA guidelines. Is it possible to add a sentence or 2 of info from an article? Thanks!

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Sure I will be happy to assist, but the only peer review about drinking I have is from 2001, if you can send me one more I can help. I thought it was only required to use the one you sent. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No prob!! Please use the one from 2001. The one I sent was the cite provided for the assignment. Thanks! You can complete by tomorrow afternoon if needed.

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
I will have it ready in the early morning. Thanks
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Your answer with peer review information is attached. Thanks answer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you want me to post the quiz I need help with tonight?

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Sure you can post it this evening so you get your answers in the early hours of the morning. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great I will post them by 9pm. Please have them completed by 5am. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. Poulson (1893) and Allen, Hart, Buell, Harris, and Wolf (1964) conducted research on the effectiveness of social reinforcers when: (Points : 1)

primary and secondary reinforcers are paired sequentially.
primary reinforcers are used exclusively.
secondary reinforcers are used exclusively.
primary and secondary reinforcers are paired congruently.

2. In a FI 60 schedule, a reinforcer is presented: (Points : 1)

every 60 seconds.
as soon as the current time requirement has elapsed.
following the first response after 60 seconds has elapsed.
following an average of 60 responses.

3. Thorndike believed that his cats were not consciously aware of what response opened the door. The crucial evidence for him was: (Points : 1)

the frantic struggling on the first trial.
the gradual improvement over trials.
the long latency of the response even after extensive training.
the low phylogenetic status of cats.

4. Reinforcing a simpler version first and only gradually reinforcing closer approximations to the target behaviour is known as: (Points : 1)

shaping.
generalization.
selective attention.
stimulus control.

5. The concept of stimulus control has proven to be extremely effective for the control of: (Points : 1)

weight loss.
watching television.
oversleeping.
reinforcement.

6. Why might someone require some continued reinforcement once they are no longer participating in a training program where rewards are provided for correct or recently changed behavior? (Points : 1)

It takes time for a person’s natural reinforcers to assume control of their behavior.
The person needs to find a replacement for the conditioned stimulus to help them with their conditioned response.
It is impossible to expect that anyone’s behavior can ever be permanently changed.
Human behavior always requires reinforcement; therefore, participating in a program is only a temporary solution to a lifetime of problems.

7. Research with rats indicated that when the reinforcer was delayed, the response rate declined. When the delay was __________seconds, the responses ceased. (Points : 1)

46
64
24
42

8. Is it possible that certain behaviors can be altered just by positive reinforcement? (Points : 1)

No, because human behavior is unpredictable no matter what the circumstances.
Yes, provided that the reinforcement is coherently and systematically enforced.
No, because reinforcement is only one way of changing behavior.
Yes, because positive reinforcement is a guarantee that negative behaviors will never reappear no matter how they are implemented.

9. What is the principle of minimal force? (Points : 1)

When reinforcement is used at all, long-term reinforcers should be used.
When reinforcement is used at all, the least effective reinforcer should be used.
When reinforcement is used at all, the least powerful reinforcer should be used that is likely to be effective.
When reinforcement is used at all, the most powerful reinforcer should be used that is likely to be effective.

10. According to the text, which of the following statements about the relationship between conditioning and reinforcement is correct? (Points : 1)

The principles of learning differ substantially.
Contiguity is important in conditioning but not in reinforcement.
Contingency is important in conditioning but not in reinforcement.
In classical conditioning, there is a contingency between two stimuli; in reinforcement, there is a contingency between a response and a stimulus.
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Your answers are attached. I hope they help. Thanks answers

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kathy can you please assist with 1-2 sentence/short response? Due tomorrow(Mon) early afternoon.

In response to part 1 of the above question:

1. Great explanation of the definition of each reinforcement schedule as well as the advantages and disadvantages. I really think that is a key aspect to grasp in order to use the reinforcement schedule that is appropriate for the task at hand. It sounds like from your classroom examples that you'd already determined what schedule of reinforcement is appropriate for each activity. I really liked your fixed interval schedule as you really did highlight a potential downside to fixed interval reinforcement that I think everyone will be able to understand easily! Has that downside (that students only organize the bookshelves two days) made you think about changing to a different schedule of reinforcement? Or do you still think fixed interval is the best to use? Have you thought about then increasing the number of days that you ask them to help maybe to three days? Obviously you may not want to do that with your current students, but do you think that might be something that would work for future classes?

2.For example chores, either a fixed interval or variable interval schedule can be used. The fixed interval reinforcement seems to work better. But the important thing to learn and note is that each of the intervals may have times when it is appropriate or would work to use and times when its not the best reinforcement schedule. Learning about all the types and the advantages or disadvantages allows us to make an informed decision.

Please provide a short response of your opinion to the above statement.

3. Provide a short response to the following discussion. Either provide a response asking a question or a suggestion.

I cannot think of, or remember, a time in my life where conditioning was used. Not in the traditional sense. There have been both punishments and rewards in my life, but I do not think they are the type of conditioning we are talking about. Or if they were, I did not care enough about the correlation between my behavior and my rewards. I am however trying to potty train my daughter right now, and think my methods are applicable to the discussion post here. I am using both fixed ratio and fixed interval in her potty training. If she goes potty on the toilet then she receives one piece of candy (positive reinforcement). The ratio, going potty once on the toilet, is the same every time. Also, the interval, the time between going potty and receiving a piece of candy is the same. I believe this example fits the definitions of both fixed ratio and fixed interval. The problem I am currently having is it is much like a Skinner box. What I mean is, in the sense that the animal is required to complete the proper action before receiving food; so my daughter must also complete the proper action (going potty on the toilet) before receiving any candy.

The following needed responses are for part 2:

1. Do you think any of the elements of conditioning or learning explain the continued drinking behavior once students experience more than just postiive drinking experiences?

2. Do you think that even if negative consequences occur the students would feel that the positive's you've outlined they perceive from the drinking would outweigh those negative consequences?

Thank you for your help!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How are you doing with the outline due today?

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Your answer is attached. I hope it helps. I will have the short answers ready for tomorrow. Thanks answer

Kathy, Master's Degree
Experience: Masters in MFT and B.S in Psychology and Education Leadership specialization.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How are the short responses coming along?

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
I will post them later. I was working on the paper and forgot about those. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok! I need them by 10pm if possible??

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Your answers are attached. I hope they help. I will be posting your essay late this evening. Thanks answers

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Not sure if there was a problem with all the answers. I just noticed that the accept was processed but the bonus is yet to be posted for these series of questions. Thanks