Eric M.
Eric M., Master's Degree
Experience:  Five years in academia, over a dozen peer-reviewed publications, multiple best paper awards, working toward PhD.
29802289

Need help on American History Questions

Customer Question

Need help on American History multiple choice with 2 200 word essay question.

Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
kghinaglia :

Hi! I can assist. How many MC questions will you be posting with the two essay questions? Thanks

Customer : I have about 3 or 4 assessments each is about 10 mc questions
kghinaglia :

It is like 40 questions and two essays of 200 words each. Correct?

Customer : Yes, each has 2 200 word essays
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Today, How many assessments can you help me with?
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
I see that you need assistance, I am willing to help with your MC assessments, and the essays, is there a possibility that you consider paying an additional bonus for these questions. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I can give a bonus. Can you have this finished today?
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Please post the questions promptly if needed for today. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Prior to the arrival of Europeans, the Iroquois developed a confederation to:Answer

encourage fur trading with the French.

create alliances to combat English colonization.

control violence that may have occurred over territory conflicts.

eliminate the development of chiefdoms.

3 points

Question 2

1. The Mayan people developed a number of significant achievements between 300 BCE and 900 CE. Which of the following would NOT be considered one of those achievements?

Answer

An advanced system of writing

Knowledge of mathematics

The use of rice as a staple crop

A calendar system

3 points

Question 3

1. Which of the following played a major role in the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs?

Answer

The pacifism displayed by the Aztecs

Diseases to which the Aztecs lacked natural immunity

The Spaniards' humane treatment of the Aztecs

The inability of the Spanish to create alliances with neighboring Natives

3 points

Question 4

1. Which event served to effectively end Spanish domination in the New World?

Answer

Jacques Cartier's exploration of the St. Lawrence River

The founding of St. Augustine.

The English establishment of a colony at Roanoke.

The English defeat of the Spanish Armada.

3 points

Question 5

1. In an effort to subjugate the Native Americans, the Spanish engaged in all of the following practices EXCEPT:

Answer

prohibiting marriage between Spanish colonists and Native women.

installing Spaniards in positions of political power.

killing Native leaders such as warriors and priests.

forcing the Natives into slavery.

3 points

Question 6

1. The religious dissatisfaction, that ultimately played a factor in the colonization of the New World by "Separatists," began in 1517 when which of the following men publically protested the Catholic Church?

Answer

Martin Luther

John Calvin

John Wesley

James Stuart

3 points

Question 7

1. Which of the following MOST exactly explains why Henry VIII began the English Reformation?

Answer

He converted to Protestant ideals.

He wanted control of the church.

He wanted to change English Christianity.

The pope refused to support his request for an annulment.

3 points

Question 8

1. Which is NOT viewed as a result of the fur trade?

Answer

An increase in warfare among Native groups

An increasing Native dependence on European goods

An increase in the number of African slaves shipped to the Americas

Epidemic diseases that weakened the Native population

3 points

Question 9

1. Cahokia was the largest and most spectacular community of what North American society?

Answer

Anasazi

Mississippians

Hopewell

Anthapascans

3 points

Question 10

1. Native communities in what is today considered Mexico based their system of farming around what stable crop?

Answer

Maize

Potatoes

Wheat

Rice

3 points

Question 11

1. During the second migration, the Athapascans migrated to the Southwest, and both the __________ and _________ trace their ancestry to this group.

Answer

2 points

Question 12

1. In comparison to __________ communities, farming communities were more complex but also less stable.

Answer

2 points

Question 13

1. Prior to European colonization, warfare was common amongst farming communities as a method to gain additional __________.

Answer

2 points

Question 14

1. While mysterious events kept the community from achieving permanence, __________ was the first English community established in the Americas.

Answer

2 points

Question 15

1. One factor that led the Anasazis to abandon the Four Corners area was the frequent raids by the __________.

Answer

2 points

Question 16

1. The 1400s marked a time of exploration and expansion for Europe. Identify and explain three developments that stimulated this age of exploration.

Answer

30 points

Question 17

1. The Spanish, French, and English all explored America and left a lasting mark on the New World’s development. Compare and contrast the colonization methods used by each. Be sure to discuss the goals, characteristics, and lasting effects of each power’s methods.

Answer

30 points

Save and Submit

This is the first one

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
How many questions is each exam? I cannot see the options to respond after question 11 please repost the questions after #11. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In comparison to __________ communities, farming communities were more complex but also less stable.

Answer

2 points

Question 13

Answer

2 points

Question 14

Answer

2 points

Question 15

Answer

2 points

Question 16

Answer

30 points

Question 17

Answer

30 points

Save and Submit

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, after question 11, I will have refer to my textbook to find the answers.

2 points

Question 13

Answer

2 points

Question 14

Answer

2 points

Question 15

Answer

2 points

Question 16

Answer

30 points

Question 17

Answer

30 points

Save and Submit

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Not sure what is happening but I only the options for the MC from the question 11 to 17. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you don't have the textbook that I am using, I may have to close this question, because it is only 10 MC questions, and the rest I would have to answer, don't think its worth paying for.

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
I understand I can request the question to be closed. I can answer the first 10 questions but the rest I have wait for the choices and the 2 essays will not be a problem. Please let me know I can request the question to be closed. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please close this question
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
I have sent the request. Thanks