Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience:  BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 years Teaching Exper.

What goals did the U.S. have for the Korean War? Were these

What goals did the U.S. have for the Korean War? Were these goals accomplished? Describe the varied negative effects the Korean War had on both the U.S. and Korea at the time of the war as well as over time.

I would be happy to provide you with the information that you require. Please let me know if you need a specific length, (i.e. word count) and when you need this.

Thank you kindly,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
at least 200 words and ASAP!
I will have this posted for within the hourSmile
Good afternoon,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. The following is the information that you requested: ( word count of 299 )

The United States and the Korean War

The United States had a few central goals for its' part of the Korean War. The main goal was to protect South Korea from invasion and possible takeover by the North Koreans. This would achieve the second goal, which was the spread of communism.

In regards XXXXX XXXXX whether or not the United States achieved their goals, the answer is two fold. Yes, South Korea remained intact, meaning that it was not taken over by the North Koreans. However, there was never a formal peace agreement signed, only a cease fire. Technically speaking, a state of war still exists between the two countries and the tensions still run high. In addition, the goal of containing communism was not that successful. The only real victory was helping South Korea to not be run by North Korea.

The main negative effect of the Korean War for the United States was the conflict that it caused within our country. Many where against sending our soldiers to fight in the Korean War, this caused internal conflict. Then, there was the loss of lives for our soldiers, and the financial cost for our country. As for Korea, the negative effect was a feeling of answering to the United States in exchange for their involvement. There was also conflict between those in South Korea who felt they could win the war without the help of outside countries. Finally, another negative effect was the loss of civilXXXXX XXXXXves, in addition to soldiers lives and the damage done to their country.

It was a pleasure doing this for you. Please remember to click one of the happy or excited icons so that I may be paid. Also, feel free to request me, LisaLKawecki, any time in the future.
Have a great day

Related Short Essay (2 pages or less) Questions