Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience:  BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 years Teaching Exper.
20507158

Compare and Contrast the three Islamic Empires: Ottoman, Safavid,

Compare and Contrast the three Islamic Empires: Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal. Chronicle the empires from their rise to power to their decline. How were they similar? How were they different? What lands did they control? What effect did the western world have on the empires?

Your initial post should be at least 150-250 words in length.Support your claims with examples from other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Due 5-8-12
Category: Short Essay (2 pages or less)
Expert:  Lisa L. Kawecki replied 2 years ago.

Good morning,

I would be happy to provide you with the information that you require. I can have this posted for you on Sunday, May 6th. Please let me know if you would like me to do this for you.

Thank you kindly

Lisa

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please!
You got it, I will have this posted for you on SundayKiss
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thnak you so much
Just wanted you to know that I am currently writing and posting your information and you will have it shortlyKiss
Good afternoon,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. The following is the information that you requested: (word count of 302 )

Three Islamic Empires: Ottoman, Safavid, and Mogul

The Ottoman Empire was founded in 1512 by Sultan Selim I. This empire was a strength from the Atlantic to the Persian Golf. This empire controlled lands that included North Africa, Egypt, Syria, Arabia, Iraq and the Balkins. The Ottoman Empire underwent a weak modernization in the 19th century. However, this attempt failed to hold back the process of economic, political, and military decline. The addition of growing social problems and cultural upheaval brought about the decline of this empire.

The Safavid empire was founded by the Sunnite mystic, Safi ad-Din who died in 1334. Approximately, 1400, it passed to Shi'ism. The Safavid empire was the main empire of Persia. In 1501, the head of the Safaviyeh order, Ismail, declared himself to be the Shah of Iran. He claimed to be the descendant of Ali and the hidden Imam of he Shiites. He established a dynasty that eventually united Iran and ruled it until 1772. In the 19th century, Iran came under increasing Western influence. During this time, it embarked on a course of modernization that led to religious crisis and the ultimate downfall of the empire.

The Mogul Empire was founded by Barbur in 1526 and reached its' height under Akbar the Great, during the years of 1556 to 1605. The greatest territorial expansion of this empire occurred in 1700. This empire developed an Indian form of Islamic culture and social ways. Soon after the expansion, the Mogul Empire began its' decline. This occurred as a result of the Persian invasion of 1739. After the middle 18th century there was an increased influence of British colonial expansion.

References:
1. www.apworldhist.com/Three_Islamic_Empires.doc
2. www. global-ethic-now.de/gen-eng/0b.../0b-01-0311-grossreiche.php

It was a pleasure doing this for you today. Please remember to click the accept button, and please feel free to request me any time in the future.
Have a great day
Lisa
Kiss
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience: BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 years Teaching Exper.