Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I got admonished in court in Edinburgh in September for

Customer Question

I got admonished in court in Edinburgh in September for pushing someone who was shouting at me ( we were both drunk and involved in a heated debate). It appears i now have a criminal record. I live in england - do i have to declare this for business insurance purposes. I run a business and am starting a new one so need new insurance. Its bothering me Thanks
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: I dont understand your question?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No idea but i imagine so as the sherrif told me off and sent me on my way. No fine or anything.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  jomo1972 replied 3 months ago.

was you arrested over this matter? i'm not sure what you mean when you say it appears you have a criminal record?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was walking back to our hotel and the police arrested me for assault. I was very scared and went with them. Was held overnight in a cell in Edinburgh then taken to court the next morning where i eventually saw a solicitor . He said he would try for absolute discharge but there was CCTV evidence that i pushed this person from behind. I also did not deny it as i expected to not even be arrested.
I then saw the sherrif who said i was silly and that i was admonished. That was it. free to go ( thankfully)
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No opportunity to call