JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.

I have a diet hearing with the procurator at Paisley but I

Customer Question

i have a diet hearing with the procurator at Paisley but I live in Australia. My solicitor says no need to reply in writing as he has been instructed. He is trying to contact the PF to get orientation but might miss the deadline. Should I write to them myself to say a Solicitor is instructed ? thanks
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: THe hearing is Scotland and I am in Queensland
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Why can your solicitor not do this in time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
he seems to be slow but he said it was ok to not reply as he had been instructed
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

It shouldn't be difficult getting a letter out. However to be safe you should email the PF quoting the reference, saying that you live in Australia and that your solicitor, who you should name, is instructed. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.