Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I was attacked from 5 females last October 2015, my dad was

Customer Question

Hi, I was attacked from 5 females last October 2015, my dad was present when they were all hitting me with shoes, feet and hands-whilst I was on the ground wounded. My dad pushed and pulled these females off of me and was getting attacked from them also. I managed to break free and took a bag and a phone from my attackers to evidence to the police. My dad has since been charged with assault from 4 of my attackers, and the police charged 5 of my attackers. My dad is going to court mid September 2016, obviously he is pleading not guilty, I have not heard anything about court, does this have a time limit?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Scotland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: My lawyer is the PF
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My panic attacks, new medication, life is not the same for me, it is not as bad, but still bad
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. Thank you for the question. It’s my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Are you asking about the prosecution timescale for the females because you haven’t had anything about being called as a witness?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, I'm a little confused about the proceedings. Surely, my dads case has to include information about the cause of his allegations /charge.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 month ago.

I’m sorry, I’ve just noticed you are in Scotland. The procedures in Scotland and the whole way of working is different than England so I will opt out for another expert in Scottish law.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Can you ask me your specific questions about this please?