Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Advocate
Experience:  5 years experience working for a multi national in the UK

Just needing some advice. when me and my ex partner where

Customer Question

for Ben Jones
hi just needing some advice. when me and my ex partner where buying a house together and it come to the day of exchanging contracts for the deeds and morgage she signed my name on the contracts. I knew she done this so did the solicitor. is this a legal contract. we have now split and house been repossessed and I am being chased for the £28,000 shortfall
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, thanks for requesting me - unfortunately this is a question which is not within my area of law. I will open to it to all other experts and someone will hopefully pick it up soon. Please do not reply to this as it will just lock the question back to me. Many thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

did you give her consent to sign it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did. I was under pressure with work and was out the country. it was a 5 min conversation on the phone. it's still not my signature on documents

Well with your consent to sign she is then technically acting as your agent. It will I am afraid thus be legal and with not remove you from the agreement. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you