Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I feel I was missold a River Cruise. At the time of booking

Customer Question

I feel I was missold a River Cruise. At the time of booking I emphasised my sister's need for a wheelchair as she can manage to walk only short distances. She was comfortable with walking on and off the ship. I emphasised that our intention was mainly to explore destinations on our own, not venturing far but just getting a feel for the area. We were assured that this would be possible at every destination, not only by the Sales rep but also by a Guest Relations rep to whom I later spoke. It was impossible at every destination. What should I do now?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

What made it impossible? Did they give you a wheelchair?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We had taken our own folding wheelchair, a full description of which had to be given. It was impossible because of the distance from the ship to anything of interest, in direct contradiction of information given to us before booking.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
At no point were we able to access town/village centres easily by wheelchair from the ship; other passengers had to be bussed - sometimes a fair distance - to areas of interest. This particular river cruise company prides itself on berthing passengers in the centre of things.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

Did you contract directly with the cruise company or via an agent?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I contracted directly with the cruise company.