JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I live in Scotland I was arrested and charged with an

Customer Question

I live in Scotland I was arrested and charged with an historical assault charge 2 months ago ? Is it normal to take this long? Or does it vary ,
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: It was supposed to have happened 4-7 years ago , I was falsely accused by my two children who wouldn't have been 10 and 6 at the time , it was in Scotland ( Edinburgh
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes I have , my lawyer knows all about the family history , she doesn't think it will proceed any further , I'm seeking a second opinion
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: To wait for a response from the procurator fiscal , but I haven't as yet had anything ,
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No she's knows everything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for your question. It is not at normal for something like this to take so long. I very much doubt the procurator fiscal will consider it in the best interests of any party involved or the public interest to proceed. Apart from the fact that the evidence of the children will not be credible after such a period of time. I agree with your lawyer. Happy to discuss. In the meantime I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.