JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: I recieved a

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I recieved a "conditional offer of a fiscal fine" (Scotland) and I'm wondering if this is a "conditional discharge".
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Scotland, UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 6 months ago.
A fiscal fine in Scotland wipes out the offence, once paid, and it does not go on your criminal record. Happy to discuss further. There is such thing as a conditional discharge in Scotland. There is an absolute discharge butt that relates to a case that has gone to court. A fiscal fine would never go to court. If you pay it you can't be prosecuted. If you don't pay it you will be prosecuted. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.