Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

We bought our flat after we married we were married 18years

Customer Question

We bought our flat after we married we were married 18years my husband was payed off so panicked he went to a solicitor said he wasn't married sold out home to his German mum for 20000 I did not know until he died suddenly now his mum wants me out was he allowed to sell our home even if they both knew he told lies Scotland
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes she says she the deeds are hers
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: To say it was our family home and can I keep living there but she wants to sell it's not fair he told lies I will be homeless and his mum will profit
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes she says I have 1year to move but council won't put me on list cause she won't give me a letter saying I'm going to be homeless I am64 and scared of being thrown out of what I thought was our home why did he lie I think cause his mum thought a bargain its worth85plus
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 9 months ago.
when did this happen?