JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

Ola, i was caught in the shop on february 27th 2015,in

Customer Question

ola
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was caught in the shop for theft on february 27th 2015,in scotland the court wote to me not to do it again if not i will be brought before a judge,but my name is ***** ***** offenders for 2 years my visa runs out on march 27th and i am eligible to aplly for either extension of my stay or indefinate leave am i to declare i have a conviction?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your question. What you received was not from the court. It was a warning letter from the prosecutor. So it is not a conviction. It is a warning. It stays live for two years and is then deleted but it a warning, not a conviction. I hope that helps.

Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if I can help you further with this. Can you also remember to leave a positive feedback on the system so that the site credits me for my time. Thanks for using JustAnswer.